Wells Placed on Disabled List
Des Moines, IA - The Iowa Cubs placed right-handed pitcher Randy Wells on the disabled list with a right elbow strain today, retroactive to July 15.
The 29-year-old is 3-3 with a 7.89 ERA (38 ER/43.1 IP) in nine starts during three stints with Iowa this season. Wells is 1-1 with a 8.31 ERA (12 ER/13.0 IP) in three starts since returning to Iowa from Chicago on July 1.
Wells is 1-2 with a 5.34 ERA (17 ER/28.2 IP) in 12 games (four starts) through two stints with Chicago this season.
The Iowa Cubs host the New Orleans Zephyrs for game three of a four-game series tonight at Principal Park. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. and the game will be broadcast live on AM 940 with the On-Deck Circle Pre-Game Show starting at 6:45 p.m.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 18, 2012
- Sox Early Lead Evaporates in 11-8 Loss to Salt Lake - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Eighth Inning Rally Sparks 10-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Cubs Clean up Sloppy Z's in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Zephyrs Fall to Iowa Cubs in 11 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Butler Leads Round Rock Express Past Nashville 8-5 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Fall to Express, 8-5 - Nashville Sounds
- 'Topes and 'Birds Postponed, Doubleheader Set for Tomorrow - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Wells Placed on Disabled List - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Nashville Sounds - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes: July 18, 2012 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces Host Women's Baseball 101 - Reno Aces
- Sacramento Sinks Rainiers In Extras, 9-8 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Cats Outlast Tacoma in 13 Innings, 9-8 - Sacramento River Cats
- Sox Late Rally Falls Short in 6-4 Loss - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 'Topes Trounced by Memphis 11-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno Beats Tucson Twice Tuesday - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.