Weber And Gerbe Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Stars
Springfield, Mass. - The American Hockey League announced this afternoon that Mike Weber and Nathan Gerbe have both been selected to play for the PlanetUSA AHL All-Stars in the 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic being held January 18th and 19th at the Cumberland County Civic Center.
Weber, a 22 year-old Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania native, is one of only two members of the Pirates to have played in all 34 games this season. The third-year defender has 10 assists this season (fifth most on the team) and his plus-16 ranking is tied for the second-best in the AHL.
Gerbe was voted as a PlanetUSA All-Star starter for the second straight season. The 22 year-old native of Oxford, Michigan, who missed the game last season due to injury, is currently on recall by the Buffalo Sabres. In 23 games this season the defending AHL Rookie-of-the-Year has collected five goals and 15 assists for 20 points. He also collected his first career NHL goal earlier this season.
Among the members of the PlanetUSA team are 18 first-time AHL All-Stars, including 2009 Calder Cup Playoffs MVP Michal Neuvirth of the Hershey Bears. The PlanetUSA club features five former first-round NHL draft picks: Lars Eller of the Peoria Rivermen, Jack Skille of the Rockford IceHogs, John Carlson of the Hershey Bears, Bobby Sanguinetti of the Hartford Wolf Pack and Ivan Vishnevskiy of the Texas Stars. Rochester's Graham Mink will make his All-Star debut and serve as PlanetUSA captain. Tickets for the 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic - which include admission to both the Skills Competition and the AHL All-Star Game as well as an official commemorative All-Star Classic event program - are $49 (rows 1-12 in all sections) and $42 (rows 13-24 in all sections). To purchase tickets call (207) 775-3458, visit the Cumberland County Civic Center Box Office or go on-line at www.portlandpirates.com.
The Pirates (16-12-4-2) get back at it Thursday night when the Worcester Sharks visit the Cumberland County Civic Center. The Pirates and the CCCC are proud to bring you the annual Kid's New Year's Game featuring New England's largest indoor fireworks display following the 5:30 pm contest. The UNUM Challenge between the Pirates and Sharks continues with Portland leading the eight-game series 2-0-0-1. At each game in each city, one lucky fan is chosen from the submitted entrees as the UNUM Challenge Fan of the Game. Each fan wins a replica jersey and receives five (5) tickets to a future game. Special youth ticket pricing is in effect for the game with Main Deck and Quarter Deck tickets only $9 in advance and $10 day of game. Tickets for the game are available by calling (207) 775-3458, visiting the Cumberland County Civic Center Box Office or going on-line at www.portlandpirates.com.
Ticket plans for the 2009-2010 season are available at the Pirates office, located at 94 Free Street in Portland. The Pirates office is open Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For all the information about Pirates 2009-2010 ticket plans and 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic visit www.portlandpirates.com or call (207) 828-4665 Ext. 350 to speak with one of the Pirates account executives.
American Hockey League Stories from December 30, 2009
- Rampage Crunch Syracuse With 3-2 Come-From-Behind Victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Run Over By Rampage - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Conclude 2009 At Hartford - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Glide By Aeros 5-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Triumph Over Falcons 5-3 - Connecticut Whale
- Bulldogs Shut Down Amerks In 4-1 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies Survive Late Rivermen Push - Peoria Rivermen
- Amerks Fall From First In Loss To 'Dogs - Rochester Americans
- Matsumoto, Phantoms Trap River Rats 4-2 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Earn First TWCC Win 4-2 - Albany River Rats
- Dallas Assigns Fabian Brunnstrom And Maxime Fortunus To Texas - Texas Stars
- Vishnevskiy Becomes Second Texas Star Selected For All-Star Game - Texas Stars
- Rampage Sign Ryan Weston To PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Labatt Celebrity Bartending Series Begins At Change Of Pace January 4 - Syracuse Crunch
- Voynov Named To AHL All-Star PlanetUSA Team - Manchester Monarchs
- Griffins Ready To Ring In The New Year - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Receive Pair Of All-Stars - Providence Bruins
- Jon Matsumoto Selected To AHL All-Star Classic - Adirondack Phantoms
- Former Phantom Oskars Bartulis Named To Latvian Olympic Team - Adirondack Phantoms
- Santorelli, Sulzer Recalled By Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Ring In The New Year Friday At 6:00 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Defenseman David Phillips Loaned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolf Pack's Bobby Sanguinetti Earns AHL All-Star Classic Berth - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage's Sean Sullivan Named To 2010 AHL All-Star Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Shirokov Named To PlanetUSA Team For 2010 Time Warner Cable AHL All-Star Classic - Manitoba Moose
- Junland And Eller Named To PlanetUSA All-Star Roster - Peoria Rivermen
- Cullen And Skille Named All-Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Sterling Selected To AHL PlanetUSA All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Khudobin, Noreau To AHL All-Star Game - Houston Aeros
- Gogulla Named To German Olympic Team - Portland Pirates
- Marlies' Forward Christian Hanson Named To PlanetUSA Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Salak Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Rochester Americans
- Dan Fritsche Named To PlanetUSA All-Stars - Syracuse Crunch
- Weber And Gerbe Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Stars - Portland Pirates
- Aucoin, Carlson And Neuvirth Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Hershey Bears
- Rissmiller Named To PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Team - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Rw Brandon Bochenski Named An All-Star Starter - Norfolk Admirals
- 2010 PlanetUSA AHL All-Star Roster Unveiled - AHL
- Blues Recall Derek Armstrong - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Chris Holt From Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Announces Front-Office Additions - AHL
- Amerks Receive De Gray On Loan; Release Schulz - Rochester Americans
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.