Vipers Halt Energy 115-111
HIDALGO, Texas -- Andrew Goudelock's 26 points led the Rio Grande Valley Vipers past the Iowa Energy 115-111 tonight at State Farm Arena.
In addition, the Vipers were led by Chris Johnson with 22 points and Maalik Wayns with 20 points. Glen Rice, Jr. scored a double-double 20 points, 14 rebounds. Rockets assignee Royce White also scored a double-double 10 points, 10 rebounds. Hassan Whiteside chipped in 10 points.
Chris Wright led the Energy with 19 points, followed by Othyus Jeffers and Paul Harris, who each scored 18 points. Robert Hite added 17 points. Justin Hurt tallied 12 points, and Jarrid Famous contributed a double-double 10 points, 10 rebounds.
The first half of the game was a balanced effort by both teams. The score was tied at 51 points heading into the half.
The Vipers and Energy traded the lead throughout the third and fourth quarters. The final minutes of the game became a battle to stay ahead. The Vipers led Iowa 32-30 in both the third and fourth quarters.
Heading into the fourth, the Vipers were up 83-81. The score tied four times before a shot from behind the arc by Johnson put the Vipers up 106-103 with 2:43 remaining. Iowa closed the lead to one point 110-109, but RGV was able to maintain a lead and claimed the game 115-111.
The Vipers are back at home tomorrow night when they host the Austin Toros at State Farm Arena at 7 p.m. Sunday, March 10 the team travels to Reno to face the Big Horns in 5 p.m. contest Fans can listen to Vipers games live on Fox Sports 1700 and can watch the games live on the NBA Development League Network on YouTube.
NBA Development League Stories from March 5, 2013
- Vipers Halt Energy 115-111 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Clutch Play Beats Sioux Falls - Idaho Stampede
- Canton Falls in Fort Wayne - Canton Charge
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Draft Picks from Springfield - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Pink Jerseys Raise Almost $7,000 for St. Luke's MSTI - Idaho Stampede
- Springfield Acquires Edwin Ubiles - Springfield Armor
- Red Claws Foundation Awards 2013 High Five Scholarships to Five - Maine Red Claws
- Vipers Acquire Kennedy and Singletary from Erie - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- BayHawks Complete Five Player Trade - Erie BayHawks
- Malcolm Thomas Returns to D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Mitchell Returns to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Nets Recall Tornike Shengelia from Springfield Armor - Springfield Armor
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.