Vancouver's new IBL squad announces team name
Vancouver, British Columbia- The International Basketball League is excited to announce that the Vancouver, British Columbia team has announced its new team name as nominated and voted for by their fan base. The official new name is the "Vancouver Titans".
After accepting over 100 name nominations the Vancouver Titans made the Top 10 list and then over the past 30 days were voted in as the number one name. The person nominating the name, Michael Orosz, is the lucky recipient of 2 courtside season tickets ($2,000 value) for the 2009 season of the Vancouver Titan's IBL schedule. The Vancouver Titans would like to thank Basketball BC for conducting the name nomination and voting process through their website, www.basketball.bc.ca .
As announced in September of 2007, Vancouver will join the IBL for the 2009 season. The team is owned by Vancouver resident Jonathan Mara. Mara has been a member of the Basketball BC Board of Directors for the past four years and Assistant Coach of the White Rock Christian Warriors senior boys' high school basketball team for the past five years.
"We are very excited to now have a great name in the Titans that our brand development advisors can now create the official logo and colors to launch our 2009 season with" said Mara. "The Naming of The Team process reflects our goal of truly being a community based team and we look forward to continuing with initiatives with the community to promote the game of basketball".
Mara believes the people of Vancouver will embrace the IBL and the up-tempo style that has become the league's hallmark. "The games are entertaining for even casual fans of the sport because the pace and scoring are so consistently high," said Mara.
In three seasons, IBL teams have averaged over 126 points per contest in games that last about two hours. For more information about the IBL, or for pictures and video of teams and players, visit www.iblhoopsonline.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Basketball League message board...
International Basketball League Stories from April 2, 2008
- Vancouver's new IBL squad announces team name - BC Titans
- Explosive guards revitalize Snohomish County Line-up - Snohomish County Explosion
- Round three of Slam/Explosion rivalry set for Friday - Bellingham Slam
- Experienced core back in 2008 for Elgin Racers - Elgin Racers
- Two Games on Tap this Weekend for Jazz of Tacoma - Jazz of Tacoma
- Alexis Levi and The Las Vegas Stars prepare for Their Second Successful Season - Las Vegas Stars