Vancouver Whitecaps FC Launch MLS Primary Kit
VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC revealed a new primary kit at an exclusive season ticket holder event prior to the start of their third season in Major League Soccer (MLS). The primary kit will be worn for the first time this coming Saturday, March 2, as the "Caps host Canadian arch rivals Toronto FC in the opening match of the 2013 season.
The primary kit is an evolution of the original MLS primary kit launched in June 2010. The new kit is inspired by the city of Vancouver, its breathtaking landscape, and the fundamental elements of the club's brand, logo, and colours.
The jersey is predominantly glacier white with diagonal stripes in deep sea and sky blue. These diagonal stripes connect to a rounded sky blue and deep sea blue neckline representing the continuum from sea to sky. On the back collar of the jersey is the tag "Since 1974" which calls out the club's 39 year history in Vancouver.
Weaved into the inside necktape is the "Since 1974" tag with waves of sky blue, deep sea blue, championship silver, and glacier white - the four colours of the jersey. The jersey is complemented by the 'Caps logo on the left chest, the Canadian flag proudly displayed on the left arm, and the MLS logo on the right arm. It has a sleeker silhouette, and features lightweight fabric designed to enhance the team's on pitch performance. The jersey is available in both long and short sleeves.
"Today's kit reveal continues to build momentum as we lead up to the start of our third season in Major League Soccer on Saturday," said Jay DeMerit, Vancouver Whitecaps FC captain. "The primary kit and its unique design speaks to the club, the environment within which we play, and pays tribute to the long and deep rooted history Whitecaps FC has in Vancouver. We will all wear the new primary kit with honour as we represent this city and province."
The primary kit features a jersey, shorts, socks, and a rain jacket, presentation jacket, and ultimate jacket which the team began wearing during preseason.
The "Caps three kits are all distinct but tie into the common features which make British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest unique. Whitecaps FC's primary kit is glacier white with sky and deep sea blue, and champion silver accents, tying into the white caps of the local mountains, cresting waves, snow, and glaciers. The "Caps secondary kit is deep sea blue with glacier white and champion silver accents, which reflects the ocean and the club's championship history and mission. The third kit is arbutus brown with sky blue accents, which reflects the forests of British Columbia.
Jerseys range in price from $99.99 to $129.99, while youth, child, toddler, and infant replica jerseys range in price from $34.99 to $74.99. Fans can purchase the new primary jersey and ancillary pieces online at whitecapsfcshop.com, at the 'Caps store at Metrotown, at retailers who carry Whitecaps FC merchandise including most SportChek locations, and at Whitecaps FC home matches.
Whitecaps FC kickoff the 2013 MLS season this Saturday, March 2, against Canadian arch-rivals Toronto FC at BC Place. Season tickets are available and start at $349, plus applicable service charges and fees. To secure a seat and for additional information about Whitecaps FC MLS season tickets, including Pitchside Club and suites, call 604.669.9283 or visit whitecapsfc.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 27, 2013
- Ahead of the Regular Season Opener, LA Galaxy Focused on Starting Out Season Right - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Montreal Impact Launches 20th Season and Unveils Third Jersey - Montreal Impact
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Launch MLS Primary Kit - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC Reveal New Kits for 2013 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Left-Sided Speedster Smith Is a Rare Breed - New England Revolution
- Sporting Kansas City Unveils New Primary Jersey - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake to Train Thursday at 2:30 MT at America First Field - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA Adds Two Mexican-American Midfielders - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Star of TNT's Dallas, Jesse Metcalfe, Joins FC Dallas Opening Day Festivities on March 2 - FC Dallas
- For US U-20 Stars Gil, Villarreal Team Ethic Trumps All on Path to World Cup - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo President Chris Canetti Signs Contract Extension - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Taps White+Partners as Agency of Record - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Season Opener to be Shown Live on Time Warner Cable - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC Announce First Kick and Match Day Activities - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls 2013 Matches to be Aired Live on ESPN Deportes Radio Nueva York - New York Red Bulls
- Revs Sign Draft Picks Smith, Soffner - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Officially Parts Ways with Two - D.C. United
- Timbers Waive Midfielder Franck Songo'O, Defender Chris Taylor - Portland Timbers
- Toronto FC Add Hogan Ephraim on Loan - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Acquire Supplemental Draft Pick for Amarikwa - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire Acquire Forward Quincy Amarikwa from Toronto FC - Chicago Fire
- 2013 MLS Direct Kick Package Unveiled - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.