Tulsa 66ers Acquire Guard Matt Bouldin
TULSA, Okla., March 2, 2011- The Tulsa 66ers, proud affiliate of the Oklahoma City Thunder, announced Wednesday they have claimed guard Matt Bouldin via waivers.
Bouldin, 6-5/230, spent the first half of this season playing in the Greek League for Iraklis Thessaloniki. In 10 games he averaged 9.7 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.1 steals in 24.5 minutes.
The former Colorado High School State Player of the Year played collegiately at Gonzaga from 2006-10 where he helped lead his team to three-straight West Coast Conference championships. As a senior he played in 33 games averaging 15.6 points, 4.7 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.4 steals in 35.6 minutes, which led him to being named the Conference Player of the Year.
"We are excited to add Matt to our roster, who we know has both the ability and desire to improve every day," 66ers head coach Nate Tibbetts said. "He has played in some big games in his young career and we are excited to bring his poise and passion for the game to Tulsa."
Bouldin, who played in the 2007 FIBA U19 World Championships, also took part in the 2010 NBA Summer League with the Chicago Bulls.
Bouldin will join the Tulsa 66ers for their upcoming road trip at Erie this Friday and Saturday, March 4-5, and will wear jersey No. 22.
NBA Development League Stories from March 2, 2011
- Johnson, Byars Lift Jam Over Thunderbirds - Bakersfield Jam
- Giddens Catches Fire, But T-Birds Fall to Jam - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Toros Fall to Legends in Double Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Legends Prevail In Double Overtime Thriller - Texas Legends
- Austin Toros Make Roster Changes - Austin Spurs
- Vipers Acquire Former Syracuse Star - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Tulsa 66ers Acquire Guard Matt Bouldin - Tulsa 66ers
- Erie's Ivan Johnson, Iowa's Curtis Stinson Named NBA Development League Co-Players of the Month - D-League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
- Skyforce Overcomes Large Deficit to Defeat Stampede - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.