Trenton-SC Agree on Trade for Ryan Hayes
TRENTON, NJ - The Trenton Titans, members of the ECHL and proud affiliate of the National Hockey League's Philadelphia Flyers, have announced that they have traded forward Ryan Hayes to South Carolina for future considerations. In a separate move, the Titans have reacquired forward Andrew Johnston (reassigned on loan by Philadelphia-NHL from Adirondack-AHL).
A Syracuse, NY, native, Hayes was in his third season with the Trenton organization, signing with the Trenton Devils for the 2010-11 season. In 140 games with Trenton, he scored 104 points (48 goals). Limited this year by injury, he had six points (3 goals), 3 PIM and a -7 rating in 12 games with the Titans.
Johnston returns to the Titans for the second time this year. His first time in Trenton was limited to just two games and just one goal (PP) after an injury late in the Titans 3-2 win over Evansville on November 23. He also appeared in 10 games for Adirondack, also recording one goal.
The Trenton Titans returned in the 2011-12 hockey season after a five year hiatus and boasted a 26.1% increase in attendance over the previous year, the largest of any team in the (then) 20-team ECHL. For information on team events or to purchase tickets for the 2012-13 season, call the Titans' offices at 609-341-1100, or go to TrentonTitansHockey.com.
ECHL Stories from December 27, 2012
- Titans Top Royals in OT, 2-1, in Battle of ECHL's Hottest Teams - Trenton Titans
- Road Warriors Top Wheeling in Shootout - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Nailers Earn Point in Seventh Straight Game - Wheeling Nailers
- Solar Bears Win Second Straight with 2-1 Win over Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Jackals Survive Late Rally to Beat Cyclones 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Post 5-3 Win over Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Jackals Whip Cyclones - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - December 27 - ECHL
- McNeely and Bishop Each Record Three Points in Loss to Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Acquire Forward Ryan Hayes from Trenton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Trenton-SC Agree on Trade for Ryan Hayes - Trenton Titans
- Titans GameDay V. Reading - December 27 (Game 29, Home 15) - Trenton Titans
- Condors vs. Stockton - Boomtown Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Delmas Named Reebok ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Trenton's DeSimone Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Smith Recalled; Defenseman Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears, Nap Ford Community School Partner for Book Drive - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Return Home - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Elmira - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wheeling's Delmas Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Royals Sign Forward Nikita Kashirsky - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades Tonight - December 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Missiaen Reassigned, Hince Released - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Today - December 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: Stingrays Visit Gladiators Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.