Travs' Place Walden, Florence on Disabled List
Two Arkansas Travelers suffered injuries in Monday's 9-7 loss to Frisco and have been on the 7-day disabled list. Starting pitcher Jordan Walden left with a strained forearm after facing two batters, and outfielder Branden Florence went down with a pulled hamstring injury in the seventh inning. Pitcher Michael Anton and outfielder Rian Kiniry were transferred to the Arkansas roster from Class A-Advanced Rancho Cucamonga for tonight's game at Frisco.
Walden, 21, missed four weeks between April and May earlier this season with the same injury in his right arm. He is 1-5 with a 5.25 ERA this season with 57 strikeouts and 29 walks in 60 innings.
Florence is batting .298 on the season thanks to a .317 batting average since the beginning of June. The 31-year-old outfielder has one hit and 10 RBIs, with two errors in 40 games played.
Anton, 24, made three appearances in the California League for a 1-0 record and 3.00 ERA. The lefthander had a 2-6 record in Double-A this season with a 4.07 ERA and 41:32 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
Kiniry was batting .236 in 31 games with Rancho Cucamonga, with four doubles and one triple. The 22-year-old also stole five bases in six attempts.
Texas League Stories from July 14, 2009
- Drillers Fall in Finale - Tulsa Drillers
- RoughRiders Defeat Travs in Slugfest - Frisco RoughRiders
- Redbirds Finish Trip 3-3 After 10-5 Win - Springfield Cardinals
- Naturals fend off late rally, take series from Hooks - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Late Rally Not Enough, Hooks Drop Series - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Travs' Place Walden, Florence on Disabled List - Arkansas Travelers
- Hooks End Skid, Beat Naturals 8-2 - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.