Toronto Marlies Weekly
What You Need To Know About The Toronto Marlies...
- Defenceman Kevin Marshall ranks 11th (tie) in AHL plus/minus rating (+18)
- Toronto currently ranks 9th in average AHL attendance (6,627)
- The Marlies hold the best home record in the AHL 24-8-1-2
- Toronto is 6-1-1-2 in their last 10 games and have earned at least a point in 11 of their last 12 games
- The Marlies rank 16th in AHL powerplay percentage (16.6%) and 14th (tie) in AHL penalty kill percentage (83.3%)
- Goaltender Drew MacIntyre posted a record of 8-2- 2, 2.06 goals against average and 0.928 save percentage during the month of March
- Mike Zigomanis has registered 11 points (2 goals, 9 assists) over his last 13 games
To purchase tickets for Toronto Marlies home games call the team's ticket line at 416-597-PUCK (7825).
Last Week: The Toronto Marlies posted a record of 2-1-1-0 this past week.
Last Wednesday, the Marlies travelled to Illinois where they were defeated 4- 1 by the Rockford IceHogs, AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. Spencer Abbott scored the lone Toronto goal, while Drew MacIntyre stopped 26 of 29 shots in the loss.
On Friday night, the Marlies defeated the Rochester Americans, AHL affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres, by a score of 4-1 at Blue Cross Arena. Mike Zigomanis chipped in with three assists, making him the new Marlies all-time assist leader.
In their second half of back to back games, the Marlies defeated the Abbotsford Heat, AHL affiliate of the Calgary Flames, by a score of 4-3 in overtime at Ricoh Coliseum. Joe Colborne scored the game winning goal just 52 seconds into the extra frame, while Drew MacIntyre made 19 saves to record his 10th win of the season.
The Marlies dropped a 3-2 overtime decision yesterday against the Lake Erie Monsters, AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche.
Jerry D'Amigo scored his 16th goal of the year, while Mark Owuya made 26 saves in the loss.
Look Ahead: Toronto will play two games in Newfoundland this coming week before heading to Abbotsford next weekend.
Friday and Saturday night's games will mark the sixth and seventh meetings of the season between the Marlies and St.
John's IceCaps, AHL affiliate of the Winnipeg Jets. Puck drop for both contests is 6 p.m. (ET) at Mile One Centre. Toronto has won four of the five previous games against St. John's, including a 5-4 victory in their last meeting. The IceCaps currently rank fifth in the Atlantic Division and 14th in the Eastern Conference.
Centre Eric O'Dell leads the IceCaps with 46 points in 50 games. Goaltender Eddie Pasquale has recorded 15 wins in 41 games so far this season.
Marlies Upcoming Schedule
*All times Eastern
Fri. Apr. 5: TOR @ STJ - 6 p.m.
Sat, Apr 6: TOR @ STJ - 6 p.m.
Fri, Apr 12: TOR @ ABB - 10 p.m.
Sun, Apr. 14: TOR @ ABB - 7 p.m.
American Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2013
- Aeros Late Surge Leads to Dramatic 3-2 OT Win - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Fall in OT to Houston, 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars Weekly - Magic Number Down to Five for First Place - Texas Stars
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Special Guests, Prizes, Awards Highlight Final Four Heat Home Games - Abbotsford Heat
- Barons Sign Defenseman Joey Leach to ATO - Oklahoma City Barons
- Texas Stars Sign Left Wing Curtis McKenzie to ATO - Texas Stars
- Admirals Sign Forward Steven Whitney to Amateur Tryout Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers Beat Sharks 6-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Registration for 2013 Amerks Summer Hockey Camp Is Now Open - Rochester Americans
- Sharks Have Good Morning But Bad Afternoon - Worcester Sharks
- Predators Recall Ellis, Mueller - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Recall Brett Carson from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wild Recalls Mikael Granlund - Houston Aeros
- Ryan Howse Reassigned to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Sign Francis Beauvillier and Jonathan Racine to ATOs - San Antonio Rampage
- As Battle for Playoff Berth Intensifies, Admirals Wrap up Home Slate - Norfolk Admirals
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Bulldogs Sign Charles Hudon to A.T.O. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Canadiens Recall Gabriel Dumont - Hamilton Bulldogs
- IceCaps Sign Adam Lowry to ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Receive Three From Blue Jackets - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.