Toledo Mud Hens Set 2014 Promotional Schedule
Did you know in 1955 Toledo Mud Hens baseball went on a nine year hiatus? They came back in 1965, that means the 2014 season marks 50 consecutive years of Mud Hens baseball in Northwest Ohio! And we're celebrating with more family fun, fantastic theme nights, great giveaways, and plenty of opportunities to meet the team.
The Toledo Mud Hens will continue to add fun and exciting promotions and giveaways throughout the summer. Stay tuned and check out www.mudhens.com/promotions for updates!
IT'S AN OPENING DAY FIRST !
APRIL 4 MARKS THE FIRST DOWNTOWN DOUBLEHEADER:
Mud Hens Opening Day, the biggest party of spring, just got bigger! April 4 marks the first Downtown Doubleheader in Mud Hens and Walleye history, with both teams playing on the same day. The Mud Hens Opening Day Bash kicks the party off. Gates open at 2 p.m. Tickets to the bash include an all you can eat buffet, live music, drink specials, and club level seating. The first giveaway of the season - Mud Hens Magnet Schedule - goes to 7,000 fans. They can grab one when exiting after the game. First pitch is at 4 p.m. followed by the Walleye game at 7:15 p.m. at the Huntington Center. Fans can get a special Doubleheader ticket for just $25 at www.mudhens.com.
Theme Nights/Special Events & Appearances/Giveaways
Ready your costume and join the fun! The Mud Hens have another season of special themed nights to entertain you for the entire season! Many nights include videos, music, and on-field contests geared towards that theme. And who doesn't like FREE stuff!! This season fans have the chance to go home with a variety of fun giveaways-everything from LED thundersticks and glow-in-the-dark glasses to flying Super Muddy bobbleheads!
- April 6 - is Kids Opening Day presented by McDonalds. Parents got to play on April 4; now it's the kids turn. Every child 12 and under to sign up for the Muddy's Buddies Kids Club will receive a free prize. The day features food and beverage specials, fanwear specials, interactive games and the first Kids Run the Bases of the season. This popular event happens after every Sunday game.
- April 26 -- Aquafina Pitch, Hit & Run - It's time for your child (age 7 -14 ) to show off their baseball abilities in an exciting baseball skills competition. It's free, but pre-registration is a must. Go to www.mudhens.com for more information.
- April 27 - kicks of the first Autograph Sunday! At each home Sunday game TWO Mud Hens players will sign autographs 45 minutes prior to the game above section 119 near the Swamp Shop.
- May 9- Fans can enjoy 27 Postgame Fireworks Shows this Mud Hens season. Fireworks can be seen every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night game beginning May 9.
- May 10 -Star Wars Night on May 10. Fans are invited to wear their favorite Star Wars costume, be part of a prize-packed costume contest and enjoy Star Wars themed food. More details coming soon!
- May 9- Pub 315 plays host to the first Beer Tasting Event of the season. Tickets to the beer tasting events will include an all you can eat buffet, beer samples from several craft beer vendors, and a souvenir giveaway. The other beer tasting dates are: June 13, July 3, and August 15.
- RECOGNITION NIGHTS- Throughout the season the Mud Hens different groups and organizations for their dedication and passion.
o May 9 -Nurses Recognition
o May 11 - Mother's Day
o May 29- Teacher Appreciation Night
o June 12- Deaf Awareness Night
o June 14 - Veteran's Appreciation Night
o June 29- Irish Heritage Night
o June 19- Senior Day!
o July 20- Latino Heritage Night
o August 16- Polish Heritage Night
o August 17- Alzheimer's Awareness Night
- May 12, 14, 28 -It's all about fun and learning during our SCHOOL CELEBRATION DAYS. Again this season, the Hens are teaming up with Imagination Station to teach kids about science and baseball before and during the game. Teachers can sign up their school to participate in our pregame Sports & Entertainment Career Day event. Students will learn about the different jobs that make up a sports and entertainment facility, like the Mud Hens.
- SPECIAL APPEARANCES - Toledo Mud Hens fans will meet and greet many popular TV and movie characters this season starting with:
o May 16 - The Sweetright Brothers
o June 1, 3 - Midwest Dueling Pianos
o June 29 - Spiderman
o July 19 - Santa Claus
o Aug 1 - BirdZerk
o August 2 - Jimmy Buffet Tribute Act - Don Middlebrook
- May 30 - Get ready to be SLIMED at the Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Celebration! The Mud Hens are celebrating the 30th anniversary of the iconic hit movie. The team will take to the field wearing specialty Ghostbuster themed jerseys! Fans can bid on the jerseys during a silent auction. Proceeds benefit Northwest Ohio Relay for Life.
- May 30 - SCOUT SLEEPOVER - Calling all troops to grab their tent and sleeping bag and experience Scout sleepover at the Mud Hens. There are six Boy Scout dates and two Girl Scout. For a complete list visit www.mudhens.com/scouts .
- BASEBALL CAMP Â-Â-- Your kids have the chance to learn from the pros. Four baseball camps are held each summer on the field with Mud Hens players and coaches helping kids learn the fundamentals of the game. For more information or to register your child, go to www.mudhens.com/camps .
o May 31- Children's One Day Baseball Camp: 10am-1pm
o June 28 - Special Needs Baseball Camp: Noon-1:30pm
o July 12- Adult/Child Baseball Camp: 9am-12pm
o June 16, 17, 18 - Three Day Baseball Camp 10am-1:30pm each day
o Aug 12-14 - Three Day Baseball Camp 10am-1:30pm each day
- June 1 - Midwest Dueling Pianos- Get ready to be entertained. It's more than two people playing pianos. This interactive musical comedy experience will have you singing, dancing and cheering for more! Did you say more? OK. Mark your calendar the Midwest Dueling Pianos are back at Fifth Third Field on July 3.
- June 19- It is dad's special day. Treat him to dinner and a ballgame at the Mud Hens Father's Day Bash. There are only 100 packages available.
- June 19 - Calling all youth camps, daycare centers, and senior groups- it's Summer Rec Day and Senior Fun Day at the Mud Hens. Game time is at noon.
- June 28- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPER MUDDY ushering in SUPERHERO Night at Fifth Third Field, with special guest appearance by Spiderman. The players will don their special Superhero themed jerseys. Fans can bid on those jerseys at a silent auction happening during the game. Auction proceeds benefit the Miracle League of Northwest Ohio.
- July 3- Celebrate the nation's birthday at the Mud Hens Freedom Feast: Baseball, Barbeque & Fireworks. The party is from 5:30 - 7pm. in the Nest. For more information call the ticket office.
- July 11- Let's PINK OUT THE PARK to help fight breast cancer and support the Northwest Ohio Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Tickets are $10. And wait till you see the players playing in special edition Pink jersey. Yes, baseball players can wear PINK! Fans can bid on the jerseys at a silent auction happening during the game. Auction proceeds benefit Komen.
- July 12- Mariah, Bolton, Madonna, Janet- Get radical during 90's Concert Night! Live Bands, good food and of course your parachute pants and bandanas.
- July 13- IT'S MUDDY'S BIRTHDAY BASH!! and you're invited to the pregame party with Muddy and over twenty of his mascot pals. It's jam packed with fun for the entire family.
- July 18- How many topping make the perfect dog? Find out when you Create Your Own Hotdog masterpiece! Fans have 25 different toppings to use to their hotdog.
- July 19- Start making your holiday wish list now- Christmas in July is July 19. Santa will visit the park for this special day-night double-header. Fifth Third Field will be decked for Christmas, and the team will wear two special edition themed jerseys for the games. Both jerseys will be auctioned off for charity.
- July 29- Calling all needlearts enthusiasts! We're inviting you to knit one, pearl two at the Stitch N' Pitch event on July 29. Come out and relax at the ballpark.
- July 31- What better way to say Happy Birthday to our hitting coach Leon "Bull" Durham than with his own bobblehead! The first 2,000 fans through the gate will receive a Bull's bobblehead.
- August 7- Calling all Parrotheads! Put on your favorite Hawaiian shirt and come to Fifth Third Field island paradise for Jimmy Buffet Concert Night. Jimmy Buffet tribute performer, Don Middlebrook, will entertain fans before and during the game.
- August 8 - The Mud Hens are getting fans excited for T-Town Hockey at Toledo Walleye Hockey Night. Meet some of the current and former hockey players, along with coaches Nick Vitucci and Dan Watson.
- August 9 - Baseball history comes alive when the Toledo Mud Hens honor the 1939 Toledo Crawfords, the only Negro league to play an entire season at Swayne Field. The Hens will wear special throwback "Toledo Crawford" jerseys which will be auctioned off with proceeds benefitting the Negro League Baseball Museum.
- August 14 - It's a promotion about ... nothing! The Hens celebrate the 25th anniversary of the hit show "Seinfeld" on Thursday, August 14.
- August 17 - The Mud Hens are helping you get your kids ready for Back to School. We will be celebrating all thing schools related and the first 1500 students take home a specially designed Mud Hens calculator, presented by Great Clips.
- August 26- The Hens are going to the Hounds on August 26, for Hens and Hounds Night. Fans are invited to bring their pooch to Fifth Third Field. Tickets for dog owners are $10 and your furry companion $8. 100% of the dog ticket proceeds go to the Toledo Area Humane Society and Cutie's Fun.
Opening Day tickets and all single game tickets are on sale now. Fans can purchase their tickets at the Fifth Third Field box office, by phone 419-725-HENS or online at www.mudhens.com The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
International League Stories from February 24, 2014
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.