Titans GameDay vs. Elmira, February 22 - Game 54 (Home 28)
January 28, 2013 - Elmira looked to grab on tight to a playoff spot, by handing the Titans a 4-1 home loss.
Elmira takes another 4 1/2 hour bus ride from NY for a 7:05 pm meeting with the Titans on Thursday March 7. It will be the first home game for Trenton following a 10-day, 5-game road trip that includes Reading, Wheeling, Cincinnati and Toledo.
Not A Chance Meeting
This is the 11th of 16 games between these two and the 6th of eight in Trenton.
Not Usually This Lopsided
The Jackals and Titans have notoriously played one or two-goal games, usually with late heroics. The 8-1 Jackals win last meeting was the most lopsided since Trenton won in the final meeting in NY last year by the same score, exactly one year ago today. It was also the largest margin of victory for Elmira since winning the season opener last year at home over the Titans, 7-3.
DID YOU KNOW?
Courtesy of Elmira PBP man Ray Schmitt: The Jackals enter tonight with 52 games played which are the second fewest in the ECHL. This game, however, is the second of four this week and eighth in the last 17 days. Elmira will play four-game weeks in four of the final six weeks of the season, including this week. Only one of those weeks (March 18 - 24) will feature four home games. The lightest week will be March 11 - 17 when the Jackals play just twice. When the calendar flips to March, Elmira will be at its busiest with 16 games in 30 days.
The Jackals three wins on the road against the Titans are the most the Jackals have against a single team away from home.
Welcome (Back) To Trenton
Three former Titans and newcomer expected in Trenton tonight
With 19 games left (including tonight) and making one last push towards a possible playoff berth, the Titans have added to their roster by receiving four players, including three "new" ones.
Goaltender Brooks Ostergard was received today in a trade with Kalamazoo for future considerations. Ostergard saw hardly any time behind Joel Martin, who has made over 40 consecutive starts for the wings. He will look to take some of the load off fellow rookie Scott Wedgewood, whose next appearance will be his 40th of the year.
Meanwhile our working relationship with the New Jersey and Albany Devils as landed us three returnees, as forwards J. S. Berube and Harry Young (from Albany by NJ) and Kelly Zajac (from Albany), have all been sent to Trenton on loan.
35-14-3-3 76 (play in TRE Saturday)
28-20-2-2 60 (off since 2/18 at TRE)
22-20-3-6 53 (1-5-0-1 over last 7 gms)
20-26-4-3 47 (ECHL #1 PK at 86.2%)
ECHL Stories from February 22, 2013
- Bulls Can't Solve Robinson in 4-0 Loss to Idaho - San Francisco Bulls
- Grizzlies Beat Colorado 3-2 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Titans Fall in Shootout to Elmira, 5-4 - Trenton Titans
- Cyclones Take Season Series Finale from Fort Wayne, 3-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Rogers Captains Comeback for Toledo - Wheeling Nailers
- Zapolski Shutsout out Road Warriors 2-0 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Special Teams Lift Orlando to 4-2 Win over Gwinnett - Orlando Solar Bears
- Jackals Dismantle the Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Solar Bear Special Teams Sink Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Zapolski Propels Stingrays to 2-0 Win over Road Warriors - South Carolina Stingrays
- Eco-Friendly Weekend on March 8 and 9 at the Cow Palace - San Francisco Bulls
- Reign Bolster Defense with Matt Register - Ontario Reign
- Reign Pick up 2012 NHL Draft Pick - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - February 22 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fines - ECHL
- Titans GameDay vs. Elmira, February 22 - Game 54 (Home 28) - Trenton Titans
- Titans' Roster Adjusted with Help from AHL - Trenton Titans
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- Bulls Begin Six-Game Road Trip in Idaho - San Francisco Bulls
- Royals Thank Fans for Record Setting Pink in the Rink - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Case Loaned to AHL's Monarchs - Idaho Steelheads
- K-Wings Cananta Returns from Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Gwinnett Gladiators - February 22 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Bourbeau and Cheverie to Binghamton - Elmira Jackals
- Stajcer Reassigned to Connecticut; Fernandez Signs - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Game Preview: Dog Days of Winter Tonight vs. Greenville - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bishop Called up to American Hockey League - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 22 - ECHL
- Stockton Ends Condors Winning Streak with 4-1 Decision - Bakersfield Condors
- Former Condor Weller gets on the board; Roy makes 38 saves - Stockton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.