Timbers Top Rapids 3-0 in Portland
PORTLAND, Ore. (Sunday, June 23, 2013) - The Rapids fell by a 3-0 score to the Timbers in Portland on Sunday afternoon, with Colorado holding an 18-6 advantage in shots but struggling to find the target. Portland scored with each of its three shots on net, while the Rapids only put two shots on frame. The loss was the first time this season that Colorado gave up three goals in a game.
The Rapids close their three match road swing next Saturday, June 29, visiting the Montreal Impact with a live broadcast on Altitude featuring Richard Fleming and Marcelo Balboa on the call at 5:00 p.m. MT. Colorado returns home for matches on July 4 and 7, both at 7:30 p.m. MT and with fireworks afterwards. For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.ColoradoRapids.com or call 303-825-GOAL.
Major League Soccer Stories from June 23, 2013
- Timbers Top Rapids 3-0 in Portland - Colorado Rapids
- Union Victory over New York Red Bulls Lifts Team to Second in Eastern Conference - Philadelphia Union
- Ten Man Red Bulls Fall on the Road to Philadelphia, 3-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Defender Arne Friedrich Announces Retirement - Chicago Fire
- No Worry That the LA Galaxy Will Underestimate Struggling - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Settles for 2-2 Draw at FC Dallas - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Rolls over Seattle Sounders FC 2-0 - Real Salt Lake
- Sluggish Second Half Dooms Crew against Fire - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Dallas Remains Unbeaten at Home with 2-2 Draw - FC Dallas
- Seattle Sounders fall 2-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Earn 2-1 Comeback Victory over Columbus Crew - Chicago Fire
- Impact U21 Falls 2-0 to the Haitian National Team - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.