Tim Hortons' All-Star Game debuts this weekend
Montreal, May 23, 2013 - The Montreal Alouettes will present the first edition of the Tim Hortons' All-Star Game, which will showcase the best amateur football players in the province at the Secondary IV level, this Sunday, May 26 at Stade Hebert in Saint-Leonard.
In partnership with Football Quebec's Program of Excellence, more than 80 players will showcase their skills in front of a number of CEGEP coaches from across the province.
Nicolas Boulay and Simon Legare, who were both drafted by the Alouettes this past month, will serve as honorary coaches for each team.
Below is the schedule for the weekend:
Saturday, May 25
9:45 a.m. - First practice
1:15 p.m. - Assignment of teams
1:45 p.m. - Second practice
4:45 p.m. - Montreal Alouettes head coach Dan Hawkins will address both teams
5:00 p.m. - Cocktail for Quebec CEGEP and university coaches together with the entire Alouettes coaching staff at Club de golf des Iles de Boucherville (255 Ile Sainte-Marguerite a Boucherville)
Sunday, May 26
9:00 a.m. - Warm-up
1:00 p.m. - Tim Hortons' All-Star Game
All practices as well as the Tim Hortons' All-Star Game are open to the public as well as to the media.
Canadian Football League Stories from May 23, 2013
- All Systems Go for Fanfest - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Release Three - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Roughriders Release Pair - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- BC Lions and Coast Capital Savings Announce Multi-Year Partnership - B.C. Lions
- Argos Sign Former NFL First Round Pick WR Michael Williams - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Acquire McElveen from Tiger Cats - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ticats Grab Receiver in Trade with Riders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Trio Added to Training-Camp Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Ticats Ink 2012 Draft Picks - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Tim Hortons' All-Star Game debuts this weekend - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.