Tiger-Cats Acquire Quarterback Adams Jr. from Roughriders
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Friday that the football club has acquired international quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. from the Saskatchewan Roughriders in exchange for international defensive end Charleston Hughes.
Adams Jr., 25, has suited up in 33 CFL games with the Montreal Alouettes (2016-17) and Saskatchewan Roughriders (2017), making three career starts in that span. Throughout his two-year CFL career, the 5-11, 200-pound native of Pasadena, California, has registered 43 pass completions on 78 attempts (55.1%) for 583 yards, four touchdowns and one interception, while adding 49 carries for 154 yards and five rushing touchdowns. He also attended rookie mini-camps with the National Football League's Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins in 2016.
Prior to turning pro, Adams Jr. spent his senior year in 2015 as the University of Oregon Ducks starting pivot, where he completed 168 of his 259 pass attempts (64.9%) for 2,643 yards and 26 touchdowns with just eight interceptions. He added 147 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 83 carries. Before his stint with the Ducks, Adams Jr. led the Eastern Washington Eagles offence for three seasons.
Over the course of his collegiate career, Adams Jr. threw for 13,081 passing yards and scored 136 touchdowns with a 35-9 record as a starter. He was a finalist for the Walter Payton Award in 2013 and 2014, an award given to the top offensive player in the NCAA FCS.
Canadian Football League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Argos Re-Sign Two-Time CFL All-Star S.J. Green Through 2019 - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Offensive Lineman Washington - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Stamps Sign 2017 Draft Pick Alexandre Gagnon - Calgary Stampeders
- Eskimos Re-Sign Hazelton - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos Release Pending Free Agent Devier Posey - Toronto Argonauts
- BC Lions Acquire DL Odell Willis from Ottawa - B.C. Lions
- RedBlacks Acquire Draft Pick in Deals with Eskimos, Lions - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Esks Acquire Jake Ceresna in Trade with Ottawa RedBlacks - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Acquire Defensive Lineman Charleston Hughes - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Acquire Quarterback Adams Jr. from Roughriders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Argos Agree on One-Year Extension with Veteran QB Ricky Ray - Toronto Argonauts
- Stampeders Complete Trade with Tiger-Cats - Calgary Stampeders
- Tiger-Cats Acquire All-Star Defensive End Hughes from Stampeders - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Defensive Back Washington Re-Signs with Tiger-Cats - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.