Thunder Loans D Nathan Deck to Oklahoma City
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League, announced defenseman Nathan Deck has been loaned to the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League on a professional tryout agreement (PTO).
Oklahoma City is the AHL affiliate of the Thunder and Oilers. Deck heads to the AHL for the first time in his career and is expected to be available to suit up in the Barons' next game on Saturday against the San Antonio Rampage at 5:00 p.m.
"We are excited for Nathan as he has earned this opportunity with a solid start to the season," said Thunder head coach Matt Thomas. "It is a strong indication that your level of play will create opportunity and is also another sign of a great affiliation between us and the Oilers."
Deck, 22, leads all Thunder defensemen and is tied for fourth among ECHL blueliners with 17 points in 19 games this season. His +8 rating is tied for second on the team and he has earned seven points on the power play.
The 5-foot-11 and 185 pound blueliner received the Thunder "Unsung Hero" award last season when he notched 26 points and a +10 rating (3rd on the Thunder) in 60 games during his rookie season.
Deck totaled 118 points and 198 penalty minutes in 277 career junior games in the Western Hockey League with Vancouver and Prince Albert.
The Thunder returns to play tomorrow at 7:00 p.m. (StocktonThunder.com) against the Las Vegas Wranglers at Stockton Arena.
A two time recipient of the ECHL "Award of Excellence," the Thunder led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew over 200,000 fans for the seventh consecutive season in 2011-12. Season Tickets, Group Tickets and Mini-Plans for 2012-13 are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.StocktonThunder.com.
ECHL Stories from December 3, 2012
- Thunder Weekly: Second Place Thunder Hosts Las Vegas - Stockton Thunder
- Former Wranglers Goaltender Marc Magliarditi Named to ECHL Hall of Fame - Las Vegas Wranglers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Weekly: Condors Split Weekend Series; Three Games on Tap - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - December 3 - ECHL
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Class - ECHL
- Road Warriors Teddy Bear Toss on Friday December 7 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Christmas Parade and Coat Drive - Bakersfield Condors
- Aces back in familiar position - ECHL
- Edmonton Reassigns RW Toni Rajala to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Split Pair at Gwinnett; Open Three-Game Series at Orlando Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers Host Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Loans D Nathan Deck to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Radio Recon Might Sit in the Lotus Position for this One - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Weekly: College Pride Night and Teddy Bear Toss this Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.