Three-Goal First Sinks Tomahawks
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Rebels used a three-goal first period to defeat the Johnstown Tomahawks 4-1 Friday night at Class of 1923 Arena.
The Rebels scored the game's first goal on the man advantage when Dusan Kmec's wrist shot solved Tomahawks goaltender Kade Phipps. Brandon Stanley and Aaron Maguyon picked up the assists.
Philadelphia gained a 2-0 lead after Carson Moniz's shot from the point beat Phipps glove side. Auggie Moore assisted on the goal.
Eleven seconds later, Rebels forward Ryan Patrick scored to improve the Philadelphia lead to 3-0.
The second period was scoreless as both teams exchanged chances.
The physicality picked up in the third period as the Tomahawks tried to solve Rebels goaltender Ryan Keane.
The Rebels added to their lead midway through the third with a goal from Auggie Moore.
Late in the third period, the Tomahawks did get on the score board.
Forward Carson BriÃ¨re found a loose puck on the power play and deposited it into the back of the cage for his third goal of the season.
Phipps sustained his first loss as a Tomahawk in a 19-save performance. Keane picked up the win, saving 20 shots.
Both teams are back in action Saturday evening at 7:35 p.m.
Johnstown Tomahawks| 814-536-4625 | email@example.com |
Johnstown Tomahawks, 326 Napoleon Street Suite 115, Johnstown, PA 15901
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 17, 2017
- Three-Goal First Sinks Tomahawks - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Dates and Locations Announced for 2018 NAHL Combines - New Jersey Junior Titans
- BULLS MAKE ANNUAL HOLIDAY VISIT TO AMARILLO AREA HOSPITALS - Amarillo Bulls
- Amarillo Bulls Announce Brendan Michaelian as An Alternate Captain - Amarillo Bulls
- Bulls Trade Forward and Captain Alex Truscott to Minnesota Wilderness - Amarillo Bulls
- Phipps Earns Star of the Week - Johnstown Tomahawks