Teagarden Optioned to Round Rock
ROUND ROCK, Texas - The Texas Rangers announced Friday that catcher Taylor Teagarden has been optioned to Round Rock and will be active for Saturday's game as the Express host the Nashville Sounds. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CDT at The Dell Diamond. A corresponding move with the Express roster will be made after tonight's game.
Teagarden opened the season with Round Rock and was recalled to the Rangers April 20. He appeared in two games with the Rangers and was 0-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout. Teagarden started one game behind the plate. In six games with the Express, he hit .389 (7-for-18) with two home runs, two doubles, a triple and four RBI.
The move corresponds with the Rangers' activation of right-handed pitcher Neftali Feliz (right shoulder inflammation) from the 15-day disabled list.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 6, 2011
- Hoffmann Homers Help Topes To 8-7 Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Omaha draws within one in the ninth, but falls to Oklahoma City 3-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces shut out Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Express Rally Past Nashville 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Zephyrs Blow Past I-Cubs, 11-5 - Iowa Cubs
- Z's Offense Erupts for 11 runs in 11-5 win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Suffer Devastating Last At-Bat Loss In Round Rock, 8-7 - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Win Fifth Straight, 3-2 over Omaha - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Teagarden Optioned to Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- P Jose Valdez Recalled, P Erick Abreu to OKC - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes Vs. Nashville Sounds - Round Rock Express
- Las Vegas National Sports Center Acquires L.V. 51s Professional Baseball Team - Las Vegas 51s
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Mota Activated; Ramirez Released - Iowa Cubs
- Quintanilla Joins Round Rock Roster - Round Rock Express
- Tacoma wins over Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Roll Past Tucson, 8-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Reno Drops Third-straight, 5-3, To Las Vegas - Reno Aces
- 'Topes Rally and Hold on to 9-8 Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.