Tampa Bay Lightning Forward Joins Solar Bears
Orlando, FL - The Orlando Solar Bears announced today that they have agreed to terms with RW B.J. Crombeen.
Crombeen (6'2", 212 lbs.) was acquired by the Tampa Bay Lighting (NHL) from the St. Louis Blues (NHL) over the summer. He spent each of the last three seasons (2009-2012) with the Blues, playing in 199 games while scoring 15 goals and adding 17 assists for 32 points along with 393 penalty minutes (PIM). He also spent the majority of the 2008-09 season with St. Louis, skating in 66 games after moving on to the Blues from the Dallas Stars (NHL). His NHL career includes 288 games with 580 PIM as well as 56 points on 27 goals and 29 assists.
The Denver, Colorado, native was drafted by Dallas in the second round (#54 overall) in the 2003 NHL entry draft and originally broke into the NHL with Dallas when he appeared in eight games during the 2007-08 season. That year, he played in 65 games with the Iowa Stars in the American Hockey League (AHL), where he had 158 PIM to go along with 28 points on 14 goals and 14 assists. Crombeen has played in 21 regular season ECHL games, all with the Idaho Steelheads in 2005-06 and 2006-07, where he had 12 goals and seven assists as well as 48 PIM. He was part of the Steelheads 2006-07 Kelly Cup Championship team, appearing in 22 playoff contests with 10 points (5 goals, 5 assists) and 45 PIM.
Prior to turning pro, Crombeen played four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) from 2001-2005, all for the Barrie Colts. He played 248 games over those four seasons, picking up 516 PIM, 86 goals, and 84 assists for 170 points. He served as the captain of his 2004-05 Barrie Colts squad, and also won a gold medal with the Canadian Under-18 World Junior Championships team in 2002-03.
"I had a chance to watch B.J. as he came up through the St. Louis and Peoria organization," said head coach Drake Berehowsky. "He will be a great addition to our team through his skills, leadership, and experience during his time in Orlando."
The Solar Bears continue their seven-game home stand on Saturday, November 17, at 7:00 p.m., Sunday, November 18, at 3:00 p.m., and Tuesday, November 20, at 7:00 p.m. against the Kalamazoo Wings.
The Orlando Solar Bears, the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild and AHL's Houston Aeros, are in their Out of Hibernation and play all of their home games at the 2012 Street and Smith's Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year, the Amway Center.
Individual tickets for all regular season home games are now on sale beginning as low as $15. To purchase your tickets, please visit www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com or the Amway Center Box Office.
Follow the Solar Bears at www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com, Facebook, and Twitter (@OrlandoHockey) for all the latest news and updates.
Season ticket plans are available now. Full and half season ticket plans range in price from $225-$1480 per season ticket (includes facility fee), reflecting a savings of up to 42% off box office pricing. Call the Solar Bears at 407-951-8200 to speak to a Ticket Sales Account Manager.
Group tickets are a great way to entertain employees, co-workers, clients, friends and family. For more information on discounted group tickets and a list of group benefits, call 407-951-8200.
ECHL Stories from November 16, 2012
- Big Second Period Lifts Royals to 4-2 Win over Cyclones - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Tripped Up by Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Fall to Everblades 4-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Sign Goaltender Grant Rollheiser to ATO - Utah Grizzlies
- Bulls Host Idaho in First of Three Game Weekend at Home - San Francisco Bulls
- Wranglers Reveal Movember Jerseys, Announce Charity Partner - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - November 16 - ECHL
- Condors vs. Las Vegas - Mini Stick Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Tampa Bay Lightning Forward Joins Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Reading - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Salute Local Heroes Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - November 16 - ECHL
- Titans Gameday: Game 13 at Elmira - November 16 - Trenton Titans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.