Sundogs Add NHL Experience to Roster in Forward Dwayne Hay
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - In their third player transaction in as many days, the Arizona Sundogs of the Central Hockey League announced Thursday that they have added veteran forward and former NHLer Dwayne Hay to their roster.
A native of London, Ontario, Hay was drafted by the Washington Capitals in the second round (43rd overall) of the 1995 NHL Entry Draft. The veteran forward tallied two goals, four assists and 22 penalty minutes (PIM) in 79 career NHL contests with the Capitals, Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lightning and Calgary Flames.
The 31-year-old also appeared in 280 American Hockey League contests during his career, registering 53 goals, 78 assists and 149 PIM. The 11-year pro last played professionally for the ECHL's Pensacola Ice Pilots in 2006-07, collecting 26 points (13g/13a) and 36 PIM in 38 games.
"We're excited to add more veteran experience to our roster," said Sundogs Head Coach and General Manager Marco Pietroniro. "We expect his experience to help our Club continue its success on the ice as we work towards our third-straight postseason appearance."
No stranger to the CHL, Hay appeared in 62 games for the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees in 2005-06, recording 15 goals, 35 assists and 38 PIM.
The Sundogs (18-21-3) square off against the Rocky Mountain Rage in the second of a three-game set Friday night at 7:05pm at Tim's Toyota Center in Prescott Valley. Tickets start at just $14 and are available by phone at 1-866-4-GET-TIX (1-866-443-8849), online at www.gettix.net and in person at the Tim's Toyota Center Box Office.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 29, 2009
- Brahmas Beat Rays With Third Period Rally - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks, Centomo Shutout Bees 1-0 - Laredo Bucks
- Brahmas come back to beat Icerays 4-2 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Sundogs Add NHL Experience to Roster in Forward Dwayne Hay - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas prepare for eventful weekend - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs to Play Two at Home This Weekend - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs to Wear Special State of Arizona Themed Jerseys Saturday to Raise Money for Charity - Arizona Sundogs
- Sims Signs PTO With Norfolk Admirals - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Start Weekend In Rio Tonight - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.