Sundogs Acquire Sirota from Missouri Mavericks
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Arizona Sundogs, in conjunction with the Missouri Mavericks, announced today that the rights to forward Nick Sirota have been acquired from Missouri in exchange for future considerations.
Sirota, 27, is entering his third full season as a pro in 2011-12 after spending the last two years with the Missouri Mavericks, scoring 107 total points in 128 games - 45 goals and 62 assists.
Sirota (sir-OH-tuh) finished as the runner-up for the Central Hockey League's 2009-10 Rookie of the Year Award to Rapid City's Danny Battochio, and was named to the league's All-Rookie Team. The 5-foot-11, 190-pound forward began his career with three regular season games and three playoff contests for the Idaho Steelheads of the ECHL in 2008-09 after a four-year stint at Northern Michigan University.
The sixth season of Arizona Sundogs hockey is brought to you by Cliff Castle Casino-Hotel. The puck will drop on the new season in October 2011. The Sundogs will also host the 2012 CHL All-Star Game in January. Season tickets, mini-plan, and single-game ticket information is now available by calling (928) 759-6600 or visiting arizonasundogs.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from August 23, 2011
- Texas Inks a Fox, Sign T.J. Fox for 2011-12 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Acquire Sirota from Missouri Mavericks - Arizona Sundogs
- Bloomington Blaze Head Coach Jason Christie Resigns - Bloomington Blaze
- Mallards Sign Veteran Snowden - Quad City Mallards
- Dayton Gems Announce Pair of Preseason Games - Dayton Gems
- Tulsa Oilers Load Up at the Forward Position - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.