Storm's Scott Kosmachuk Named CHL Player of the Week
November 27, 2012 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) News Release
Toronto, ON - The Canadian Hockey League today announced that Scott Kosmachuk of the Guelph Storm is the CHL Player of the Week after scoring six goals and two assists for eight points in three games with a plus-minus rating of plus-6 for the week ending November 25.
Kosmachuk led the Storm to three wins last week capped off by a four-point performance including his first hat-trick of the season and second of his career while adding an assist on Saturday night as first star of a 7-5 win over the Ottawa 67's. His week also included a single goal last Wednesday in an 8-0 win over the Mississauga Steelheads, and another first star performance on Friday scoring twice including the game-winner along with an assist as part of a 3-2 win over the Erie Otters.
Kosmachuk, an 18-year-old from Toronto, ON, is playing in his third OHL season with the Storm and was selected in the third round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Winnipeg Jets. In 27 games this season, he has scored a team-high 18 goals including seven on the power play and has 14 assists for 32 points.
Also considered for the award this week were Brendan Leipsic of the Portland Winterhawks and Allain Saulnier of the Moncton Wildcats who each scored three goals and six assists for nine points in three games.
2012-13 CHL Players of the Week:
Nov. 19 - Nov. 25: Scott Kosmachuk, Guelph Storm
Nov. 12 - Nov. 18: RaphaÃ«l BussiÃ¨res, Baie-Comeau Drakkar
Nov. 5 - Nov. 11 : Philippe Maillet, Victoriaville Tigres
Oct. 29 - Nov. 4 : Brett Ritchie, Niagara IceDogs
Oct. 22 - Oct. 28: Curtis Valk, Medicine Hat Tigers
Oct. 15 - Oct. 21: Hunter Garlent, Guelph Storm
Oct. 8 - Oct. 14: JC Lipon, Kamloops Blazers
Oct. 1 - Oct. 7: JC Lipon, Kamloops Blazers
Sept. 24 - Sept. 30: Jean-Sébastien Dea, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
Sept. 20 - Sept. 23: Jonathan Drouin, Halifax Mooseheads
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 27, 2012
- Generals Back on Top - Oshawa Generals
- Rangers Fall 3-1 to Knights - Kitchener Rangers
- Storm's Scott Kosmachuk Named CHL Player of the Week - OHL
- Movember Shave off Party Saturday - Windsor Spitfires
- Petes Defenceman to represent Slovakia - Peterborough Petes
- Bulls Hold Teddy Bear Toss/Toy Drive on Saturday - Belleville Bulls
- Teddy Bear Toss / Stuff-A-Bus this Friday - Soo Greyhounds
- 67's Aquire Winger Brendan Bell - Ottawa 67's
- Hounds Host Teddy Bear Toss, Stuff-A-Bus this Friday - Soo Greyhounds
- Sparks Toy Drive & Teddy Bear Toss Set for this Week - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.