February 28, 2005 - ECHL (ECHL) - Toledo Walleye
- Judson Does It! Rick Judson tied Andrew Williamson Wednesday, and then passed him Friday to become the Toledo Storm All-Time leader in goals. Rick capped his historic week with the game-winning goal Saturday night. Judson now owns the Storm All-Time Records for goals (193), assists (242), and points (435).
- Saturday Nights All-Right for Wins! Toledo came behind late to defeat Johnstown 4-3 Saturday night. Toledo has won its last 5 Saturday games and is unbeaten in regulation on the sixth day of the week in the last 8. The last time Toledo lost a Saturday contest was December 18th 2-5 against Reading.
- Shooting Gallery! Wednesday, Toledo fired 47 at the Alaska Aces. It was the first time the Storm registered 40 plus shots since December 3rd against Atlantic City. The 47 were the second most Toledo has registered this season (54 against Peoria October 29th). Toledo also collected 41 shots Saturday night.
- One Goal Games, We Like Them! Toledo won another one goal affair Saturday night 4-3 over Johnstown. Toledo is now 16-5-4 in one goal games this year.
- Toledo is 18-8-1 at home and 13-12-3 on the road this year.
- The Toledo Storm Coachs Show will return to the airways this Tuesday night at 6pm. Storm Forward Steve Slonina will join the Head Coach of the Toledo Storm Nick Vitucci and Matt Melzak for insightful hockey talk. As always the Toledo Storm Coachs Show is live at 6pm each and every Tuesday night at the Bronze Boar, which is located at 20 South Huron Street in downtown Toledo. The Coachs Show can be heard live this week on Fox Sports Radio 1230.
- Toledo returns to action this Friday and Saturday night in Peoria. Friday s game marks the start of 4 straight contests between the two Archrivals. Toledo is 4-2-0 against the Rivermen this season. Toledo is 3-0-0 at Peoria this year winning 1-0 November 20th, 2-1 December 17th, and 5-3 January 29th. Toledo has outscored the Rivermen 15-14 in the prior matches. Goaltender Logan Koopmans has a 3-0-0 record with a 1.28 goals against average, and a 0.956 save percentage against the Rivermen. Three of Tyler Knights team leading 20 goals has come against the Rivermen.
- March 11th and 12th features the second set of two contests against the Rivermen. Both games will be in the Toledo Sports Arena and it is Red Alert Weekend with the Storm. All Fans are asked to dress in red for both games. Friday March 11th current Detroit Red Wing forward Darren McCarty and his band Grinder will play a post game concert.
STORM PLAYER OF THE WEEK NOMINATION:
Rick Judson (4 goals - 0 assists = 4 points)
Rick became the Toledo Storm all-time leader in goals over the last week. Judson also added the game-winning tally with less than 2 minutes to go in Saturday nights 4-3 win over Johnstown.
STORM GOALTENDER OF THE WEEK NOMINATION:
Logan Koopmans (1-1-0, 7GA & 41SV)
Logan rebounded with a strong performance Saturday night.
Toledo Weekly Transactions
02/22/2005 Delete NOAH WHYTE (LW) traded to Pee Dee
02/27/2005 Add TOMAS MICKA (F) activated off IR
02/27/2005 Delete SHAWN COLLYMORE (RW) placed on IR