Storm Acquire WR Chris Davis
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Storm is pleased to announce the acquisition of free agent wide receiver Chris Davis.
"We believe in using the free agency period as a way to improve in all aspects of the game," said vice president of football operations Jeff Gooch. "We feel that Chris will help build on the success we had with our receiving corps last season."
Davis (5-foot-10, 187 lbs., Florida State) a local product out of St. Petersburg Catholic (St. Petersburg, FL), where he was named First Team All-America by USA Today, and Parade.
Prior to joining the Storm, Davis spent two seasons with the Tennessee Titans, having been drafted in the fourth round (128th pick) of the 2007 National Football League Entry Draft. He spent time on offense and special teams, compiling seven receptions for 69 yards, six kick returns for 156 yards, and 33 punt returns for 299 yards.
Davis played in the United Football League, and the Canadian Football League, most recently with the Montreal Alouettes (CFL).
As a Seminole he played in 51 games and finished his career ranked fifth on the all-time career receptions list with 137, and 14th in career receiving yards with 1,803.
The Five-Time World Champion Tampa Bay Storm was awarded the 2012 AFL Support Staff of the Year. 2013 season tickets are now available for more information call 813.301.6600 or visit www.tampabaystorm.com . Additionally fans and sponsors can follow the Storm on Facebook (Tampa Bay Storm) or Twitter (@tampabaystorm) for up to date news and exclusive content.
Arena Football League Stories from November 14, 2012
- Rush Add First Building Blocks to 2013 Roster - Chicago Rush
- Barnstormers Roster Grows by Three - Iowa Barnstormers
- Two Defensive Starters Return to Philadelphia - Philadelphia Soul
- Shock Assigned Cameron McGlenn - Spokane Shock
- Utah Adds Former Packers Defensive Back - Utah Blaze
- New Orleans VooDoo Add DB Delvin Breaux - New Orleans VooDoo
- Utah Adds Former Shock Pass Rusher Alston - Utah Blaze
- Storm Acquire WR Chris Davis - Tampa Bay Storm
- Sharks to Hold Open Player Tryout in Nashville - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.