Stars Swing Past Black Hawks
The Lincoln Stars rallied past the Waterloo Black Hawks Tuesday at the Ice Box on the Nebraska State Fairgrounds, claiming a 4-2 decision.
Waterloo pulled ahead in the opening period with a pair of power play goals. Just after a four-on-four sequence came to an end, Vince Hinostroza stepped to the net and lifted a shot over the right shoulder of Jackson Teichroeb at 6:07. John Wiitala then capitalized on an opportunity with a scramble in the goalmouth just after a two-man advantage became a five-on-four power play at 11:40.
Lincoln returned the favor when Tommy Schutt blasted a rebound under the crossbar during a power play at 15:16. Brad Hawkinson then erased the Black Hawks' lead completely with 4:05 remaining before intermission, finishing a two-on-one rush with a shot over the glove of Eamon McAdam.
In the second, the Stars notched the only goal and went ahead for the first time. One minute and 19 seconds after intermission, Vinni Lettieri blasted a one-timer into the net from the high slot. Letteri added the lone goal of the third after a Waterloo power play had ended, banging in a chance from close range at 7:41.
Teichroeb made 38 saves and McAdam 32 as the Hawks outshot the Stars 40-36.
The Black Hawks return to Iowa for their next game Friday, on the road versus the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders. The team comes home to Young Arena the following night to faceoff against the Dubuque Fighting Saints. Good seats for the Prairie Farms Cowbell Cup matchup are available by calling (319) 291-7680 or online from waterlooblackhawks.com.
United States Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2013
- USHL Update - Week 16 - USHL
- Stars Swing Past Black Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Green & Gold Update - Sioux City Musketeers
- Lindgren Ranked 23rd in NHL Central Scouting Mid-Term Rankings - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Stampede Weekly Update: Herd Look to Extend Win Streak on the Road this Weekend - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Omaha Lancers News & Notes - Week 17 - Omaha Lancers
- Ice Brothers Commit to College - Indiana Ice
- Youngstown Phantoms Notebook: Week No. 17 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Central Scouting Likes Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.