Stansberry Homers In Fisher Cats' 6-2 Loss
(Trenton, NJ)-Craig Stansberry hit his first home run of the season and Evan Crawford worked 1.2 innings of hitless relief with three strikeouts, but the Fisher Cats dropped the opener of a three-game series in Trenton 6-2 on Friday night.
Trenton (9-12) opened the scoring in the bottom of the first inning. Austin Krum walked, Austin Romine (4-for-4, RBI, 2B, 2 R) doubled and Bradley Suttle was hit-by-pitch to load the bases. Krum scored on an infield single by Corban Joseph and Jose Pirela walked, scoring Romine to make 2-0.
The Thunder upped the lead to 3-0 in the bottom of the third inning. Romine singled, moved to third on an error and scored on a sacrifice fly by Corbin Joseph.
Trenton starter Dellin Betances worked the first 3.2 innings without allowing a run coming off the disabled list. He allowed two hits, did not walk a batter and struck out five.
New Hampshire (11-8) got on the board in the top of the sixth inning against winning pitcher Naoya Okamoto (1-0). Mike McDade singled and moved to second on a wild pitch. He took third on a ground out and scored Stansberry's dropped fly in the outfield to make it 3-1.
The Thunder broke the game open in the top of the seventh inning. Ray Kruml walked, stole second and scored on a single by Krum to make it 4-1. Dan Brewer followed with a triple, scoring Krum. Romine's fourth hit of the night plated Brewer to up the lead to 6-1.
Stansberry hit his first New Hampshire home run with two outs in the top of the eighth for the game's final run.
New Hampshire starter B.J. LaMura (1-1) worked the first five innings, allowing three hits and two runs (one earned). He walked two and struck out six. He was followed by Clint Everts and Evan Crawford. Crawford got a double play ball to end the seventh inning and struck out the side in the eighth in a solid outing.
The Fisher Cats continue the series in Trenton on Saturday at 7:05pm. New Hampshire will start RHP Joel Carreno (0-2, 7.02) against Thunder LHP Manny Banuelos (0-0, 1.42). Radio coverage begins at 6:45pm with Bob Lipman on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network.
New Hampshire returns to Northeast Delta Dental Stadium on Friday, May 6 at 6:35pm to take on the Binghamton Mets. An Atlas Fireworks Show will follow the game. For tickets and information, call (603) 641-2005 or visit www.nhfishercats.com.
Eastern League Stories from April 29, 2011
- B-Mets' Skid Hits Four After 10-1 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Baysox Use Wild Pitches to Win - Bowie Baysox
- Aeros Erupt For 10 Runs In Win Over B-Mets - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Rally Back from Four-Run Deficit - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Stansberry Homers In Fisher Cats' 6-2 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Zeid, R-Phils Shut Out Sea Dogs 2-0 Friday - Reading Fightin Phils
- Outstanding pitching leads Senators to 4-1 win in 12 - Harrisburg Senators
- Rock Cats fall to Harrisburg, 4-1 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Joseph Drives Thunder Past Fisher Cats - Trenton Thunder
- Curve Withstand Late Wolves Surge, Win 8-6 - Altoona Curve
- Three Reading Pitchers Combine for 2-0 Shutout - Portland Sea Dogs
- Comeback Falls Short as Erie Loses 8-6 - Erie SeaWolves
- RHP Atkins to Bowie, RHP Ryohei Tanaka to Aberdeen - Bowie Baysox
- Betances Activated from D.L., Will Pitch Tonight - Trenton Thunder
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves at Altoona Curve - Game One of Three - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Former Curve, MLB Pitcher Duff to Bring Top-Rated Outdoor Channel Show to Blair County Ballpark - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.