Stanley Cup Hosted at Reign's Canadian Heritage Night
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign, defending Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL's 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, have announced that the Stanley Cup will be at Canadian Heritage Night at Citizens Business Bank Arena on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 5:00 p.m. through the end of the game, with a special season ticket holder showing starting at 4:00 p.m. The Reign will take on Western Conference rivals, the Alaska Aces, when the puck drops at 6:00 p.m.
The Reign will share the iconic championship trophy with all of the fans in attendance throughout the game. There will not be a professional photographer with the Cup throughout the game so personal photographs will be permitted.
The Reign's NHL affiliate, the Los Angeles Kings, won the Cup for the first time in franchise history this past year going 16-4 through the Stanley Cup Playoffs. They were the lowest seeded team, but handedly knocked off the Western Conferences first, second, and third seeds - the first time in Stanley Cup history that an eighth seed has advanced to the finals. The Kings were finally able to hoist the trophy after winning Game 6 in a decisive 6-1 victory over the New Jersey Devils.
The Stanley Cup has deep Canadian roots as it was awarded to the championship hockey club of the Dominion of Canada, the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association, by Sir Fredrick Arthur Stanley (Lord Stanley of Preston) in 1892. Stanley was named Governor-General of Canada in 1888. In 1926 it was decided that NHL teams would be the sole competitors for the Cup. The Montreal Canadiens have won the symbolic trophy the most times with a record 23 championship wins. Also, the non-traveling Cup is housed at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario.
In addition to Canada's most idolized trophy being present, there will be other Canadian elements throughout the game including a special puck drop by the Keeper of the Cup, Phil Pritchard, Canadian music, and more! To buy tickets for the Saturday, Dec. 1 game CLICK HERE ! Canadians will receive a special discount for this game, call 909-941-PUCK (7825) for more information.
ECHL Stories from November 21, 2012
- Sharks Prospect Danill Tarasov Joins Bulls - San Francisco Bulls
- Cyclones Hooked by Toledo, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Darling Highlights Night of Firsts - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Run Over Road Warriors - Elmira Jackals
- Jerseys Unveiled for 2013 ECHL All-Star Game - ECHL
- Stingrays Fight Back against Royals; Fall in Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Jackals Slide Past Road Warriors 2-1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - November 21 - ECHL
- Treat Your Family to Fun Times with a Condors Holiday 4-Pack - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stanley Cup Hosted at Reign's Canadian Heritage Night - Ontario Reign
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Forwards Stanislav Galiev and Barry Almeida Sent to Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Grizzlies Acquire Goaltender Shawn Hunwick from South Carolina - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Today - November 21 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Battle Royals, Trade Hunwick and Add Beauregard - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Acquire 3-New Players; 9-Players Injured - Evansville IceMen
- Bulls Win Back-To-Back Games, Take Down Condors, 4-2 - San Francisco Bulls
- Bulls Power Past Condors 4-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- K-Wings Return Home On Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.