SS Tim Anderson starts rehab assignment with AZL White Sox
The Chicago White Sox have announced the following roster move affecting the Winston-Salem Dash:
- SS Tim Anderson starts rehab assignment with AZL White Sox
- RHP Nick Blount promoted to Winston-Salem from AZL White Sox
Anderson has not played since June 27 due to a fractured right wrist. He boasts a .297 average with six homers and 31 RBIs in 68 games with Winston-Salem.
Blount made two scoreless appearances in the Arizona League before this promotion to the Carolina League. Last season, the right-hander posted a 4-4 record and a 3.18 earned run average with rookie-level Great Falls.
The Dash's roster currently stands at 25 players, the Carolina League maximum.
Carolina League Stories from August 15, 2014
- Walk-Off Wild Pitch Snaps Nine-Game Road Winning Streak - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Eighth Inning Rally Lifts Keys Past Hillcats - Frederick Keys
- Stubbs' Two-Run Double In Eighth Pushes Blue Rocks To 5-3 Victory Over Dash - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Wooten And Bullpen Power Through For P-Nats - Potomac Nationals
- Late Rally Stuns Hillcats, 8-7 - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Wild Walk-Off: Salem Wins Sixth Straight - Salem Red Sox
- P-Nats Confound Mudcats with Five-Run Sixth - Carolina Mudcats
- Dash Dealt Another Difficult Defeat on Friday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Mudcats Game Notes - Carolina Mudcats
- Pelicans Game Notes: 7:05 p.m. at Salem Red Sox - August 15, 2014 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Nick Williams Joins Double-A, Pelicans Receive Cordell from Hickory - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (August 15 at Wilmington) - Winston-Salem Dash
- SS Tim Anderson starts rehab assignment with AZL White Sox - Winston-Salem Dash
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Wilmington Blue Rocks Game Notes: August 15, 2014 - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Salem Red Sox Game Notes - Salem Red Sox
- Pelicans Shut Out Mudcats - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.