Sportsnet Adds Two January Games to American Hockey League Broadcast Schedule
December 28, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League and Sportsnet announced today the addition of two AHL games to the network's broadcast schedule, ensuring fans continue to receive weekly live AHL hockey into the New Year.
Saturday, Jan. 5 - Rockford IceHogs at Toronto Marlies
3 ET/noon PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
The Rockford IceHogs (top affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks) roll into to the Ricoh Coliseum to take on the Toronto Marlies (Toronto Maple Leafs) in this Western Conference match-up. The Hockey Central team of Jeff Marek, Brad May and John Shannon will provide pre-game and intermission analysis while Joe Bowen and Greg Millen return to the broadcast booth to provide play-by-play and analysis, respectively, and Paul Hendrick and Jim Ralph host from rinkside.
Saturday, Jan. 12 - Chicago Wolves at Abbotsford Heat
10 ET/7 PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
The Chicago Wolves (Vancouver Canucks) look to cool the Abbotsford Heat (Calgary Flames) at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre. Rob Kerr handles the play-by-play and is joined by analysts Charlie Simmer and John Garrett in the broadcast booth. Roger Millions rounds out the broadcast team as host.
Sportsnet's broadcast coverage of the American Hockey League continues this weekend with two games. The St. John's IceCaps (Winnipeg Jets) visit the Hamilton Bulldogs (Montreal Canadiens) tonight at 7:30 ET/4:30 PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific, and the Chicago Wolves (Vancouver Canucks) host the Abbotsford Heat (Calgary Flames) Saturday at 8 ET/5 PT on Sportsnet ONE.
In operation since 1936, the American Hockey League continues to serve as the top development league for the players, coaches, managers, executives and broadcasters of all 30 National Hockey League teams. More than 88 percent of NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and for the 11th year in a row, more than 6 million fans attended AHL games across North America in 2011-12. Through the years, the AHL has been home to more than 100 future members of the Hockey Hall of Fame, including legends such as Johnny Bower, Andy Bathgate, Gerry Cheevers, Larry Robinson, Patrick Roy and Brett Hull.
American Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2012
- Smith and Admirals Shut Down Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Admirals Send Rivermen Sailing - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Prevail over Marlies in Battle of Division Leaders - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dumont, Bulldogs Power Past IceCaps 6-3 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Power Past Admirals 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Fall in Shootout to Barons, 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Win Streak Halted - Adirondack Phantoms
- Checkers Extend Point Streak in Overtime Loss - Charlotte Checkers
- Toronto Falls to Grand Rapids 3-2 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- Houston Aeros Win 3-2 in Overtime over Charlotte - Houston Aeros
- Amerks Top Monsters in Front of Record-Setting Crowd - Rochester Americans
- Sharks Nibble Past Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Late Goal Downs Devils - Albany Devils
- Monsters Can't Solve Americans, Fall in Buffalo - Lake Erie Monsters
- IceCaps Fall to Bulldogs - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Fall to Syracuse, 4-2 - Norfolk Admirals
- Matsumoto's Late Game-Winner Lifts Sharks over Monarch - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens Beat Devils, 3-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Set Franchise Attendance Record at First Niagara Center in Buffalo - Rochester Americans
- Bruins Defeat Phantoms 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- Roadtrip Preview vs Chicago and Peoria - Abbotsford Heat
- Stars Sign Defenseman Gord Baldwin to PTO - Texas Stars
- Griffins Host Barons Next Friday to Conclude Homestand - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds Two January Games to American Hockey League Broadcast Schedule - AHL
- Bears, ABC-27 Announce 2013 Television Broadcast Schedule - Hershey Bears
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flames Assign Ferland to Brandon Wheat Kings - Abbotsford Heat
- "Roc" in the New Year with the Amerks on Monday, December 31 - Rochester Americans
- Barons to Skate Outside at Devon Ice Rink on December 29 - Oklahoma City Barons
- IceCaps Re-Assign Ray Kaunisto to Colorado Eagles - St. John's IceCaps
- Houston Aeros Recall Petersen from Orlando - Houston Aeros
- Syracuse Crunch Announce the Details of Autism Speaks Autism Awareness Night - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.