Sportsnet Adds More American Hockey League Action
November 23, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League and Sportsnet announced today the addition of two AHL games to Sportsnet's broadcast schedule, as the network continues to be Canada's Saturday night live hockey destination.
On Dec. 1, it's a North Division battle as the Rochester Americans (top affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres) take on the Toronto Marlies (Toronto Maple Leafs) at Ricoh Coliseum. The Hockey Central team of Daren Millard, Brad May and John Shannon will provide pre-game and intermission analysis while Joe Bowen and Greg Millen return to the broadcast booth to provide play-by-play and analysis, respectively, and Paul Hendrick and Jim Ralph host from rinkside. The game will air on Sportsnet ONE at 7 ET/4 PT.
On Dec. 8, it's round two as the Marlies host the Americans again in Toronto. Hockey Central host Jeff Marek will be joined by analysts Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean for pre-game and intermission analysis while Joe Bowen and Greg Millen provide play-by-play and analysis, respectively, and Paul Hendrick and Jim Ralph host from rinkside. Coverage on Sportsnet ONE begins at 7 ET/4 PT.
Sportsnet's coverage of the AHL continues this Saturday, Nov. 24, when the Chicago Wolves (Vancouver Canucks) face off against the Milwaukee Admirals (Nashville Predators), live on all four Sportsnet regional channels at 8 ET/5 PT. Jason Shaver and Billy Gardner have the call from Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., and Hockey Central will provide pre-game and intermission analysis with Dan Murphy as host alongside analysts John Garrett and Garry Valk.
In operation since 1936, the American Hockey League continues to serve as the top development league for the players, coaches, managers, executives and broadcasters of all 30 National Hockey League teams. More than 88 percent of NHL players are American Hockey League graduates, and for the 11th year in a row, more than 6 million fans attended AHL games across North America in 2011-12. Through the years, the AHL has been home to more than 100 future members of the Hockey Hall of Fame, including legends such as Johnny Bower, Andy Bathgate, Gerry Cheevers, Larry Robinson, Patrick Roy and Brett Hull.
Sportsnet connects Canadian sports fans to their favorite teams and athletes using five platforms: TV, radio, print, online and mobile. Sportsnet is Fuelled By Fans, and delivers storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level. The multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet magazine, Sportsnet Mobile and the Hockey Central app on iPad and Playbook. Sportsnet is the Canadian leader in NHL and MLB television broadcasts and is home to 162 Toronto Blue Jays games, plus MLB Playoffs and the World Series.
American Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2012
- Heat Beat Stars 1-0 in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Fall to Houston, 2-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Back to Back: Phantoms Prevail 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Outscored by Whale 7-5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cole's Late Tally Leads to Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Abbotsford Slips by Texas 1-0 in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Tatar's Two Push Griffins Past Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Can't Snap Winless Streak - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Edged by Senators 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Saad's Third Period Tally Lifts Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall in Shoot-Out to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs' Friday Gets Darker - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale defeat Sound Tigers - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Battle Through Wild Second Period, Surrender in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- Black Friday No Bargain for Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Extend Win Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Hamilton Finds a Good Deal in Manchester on Black Friday - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Lose at Rochester - Albany Devils
- Fontaine Leads Houston Aeros to 2-1 Win in San Antonio - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Glens Falls - Norfolk Admirals
- TVA Sports, TSN Radio 690, Sirius XM All to Broadcast Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flynn, Brennan Power Amerks to 5-2 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Fans Invited to Grey Cup Viewing Party at Copps Coliseum Following Bulldogs Game Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Recall Courtnall - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Take on Texas Twice Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds More American Hockey League Action - AHL
- Falcons Players to Transform into Celebrity Servers Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Adds More American Hockey League Games to Schedule - AHL
- Amerks Ticket Discount Available on Specially Marked Pepsi Cans - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Portland, Game #15 - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Sign Rod Pelley to PTO; Assign Gabe Guentzel to ECHL Fort Wayne - Norfolk Admirals
- Darcy Kuemper Reassigned to Orlando, Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Sign Defenseman Cullity - Springfield Falcons
- Park and Ride Continues for this Weekend's Games - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.