Spokane Wins Another Laugher, 9-3
SPOKANE, WA -- The Spokane Indians got the last laugh as they rebounded from a thumping the night before and beat the Boise Hawks Tuesday night, 9-3.
Derek Holland got he win for the Indians going five innings and allowing just one run on three hits. The Hawks had six hits on the night which was no match for the 14 hits pounded out by Spokane. The Indians now move to within two and a half games of the Hawks who are perched atop the Eastern Division standings.
The Hawks return home to face the Vancouver Canadians in the first of five games in Boise. Julio Castillo goes to the mound in game one. He will be opposed by Vancouver's Pedro Figueroa. Game time at Memorial Stadium in Boise is 7:15 p.m.
Northwest League Stories from July 24, 2007
- Indians Light Up Hawks Pitching in 9-3 Win - Spokane Indians
- Spokane Wins Another Laugher, 9-3 - Boise Hawks
- AquaSox Snap Four-Game Slid With 5-2 Win - Everett AquaSox
- Hawks host Vancouver for five games starting Wednesday - Boise Hawks
- Indians Fall To Hawks In The Rain - Spokane Indians
- AquaSox struggles continue - Everett AquaSox
- Hawks Clobber Spokane, 15-4 - Boise Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.