Sound Tigers Sign Three Forwards to ATO's
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (Mar. 24, 2011) - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced Thursday that forwards Brian Day, Tyler McNeely and Joe Pereira have signed amateur tryout contracts (ATOs).
Day, the Islanders sixth-round (170th overall) selection in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, signs with the Sound Tigers after completing his four-year tenure at Colgate University. The Danvers, Mass. native notched 25 points (10 goals, 15 assists) in 40 games this past season and finished his collegiate career with 110 points (54 goals, 56 assists) in 149 games.
McNeely, comes to the Sound Tigers from Northeastern University where he totaled 34 points (13 goals, 21 assists) and 52 penalty minutes in 38 games this season and notched at least 20 points in every season with the Huskies.
Pereira, a 23-year-old native of nearby West Haven, Conn., made his professional debut with Worcester earlier this past week after concluding his collegiate career at Boston University. The 5'10", 178-pound forward enjoyed his most productive season in 2010=2D11, recording more goals this season (15) than he combined for in his first three with the Terriers (12).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2011
- Heat Sign Trio of Players - Abbotsford Heat
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Goaltender Jason Missiaen - Connecticut Whale
- Preview: Aeros Vs. Barons, Friday - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs at Your Service Nets Nearly $30,000 - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Sign Forward Everett Sheen - Syracuse Crunch
- Flyers Sign Matt Read - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at All-Star Sports Cards Monday, March 28 - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Nigel Dawes and Andreas Engqvist to Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- B-Sens Launch 2011-12 Season Ticket Contest - Binghamton Senators
- MSHCA High-School All-Star Classic Starters to be Announced Live on FOX25 News - Worcester Sharks
- Sound Tigers Sign Three Forwards to ATO's - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Stanley Cup to be at Copps Coliseum on Tuesday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Sign Cory Conacher to Amateur Tryout Agreement - Rochester Americans
- IceHogs to Break Attendance Record this Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- Blues Recall Hensick, Assign Strachan - Peoria Rivermen
- Second Annual Pooch Party Is Sunday - Charlotte Checkers
- Tokarski Stymies Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.