Snappers Eliminated, Lose 4-3
The Snappers exchanged two runs in the first inning with the Timber Rattlers, but Wisconsin had one more single-run frames to slip by Beloit 4-3 on Thursday night. With a win by the Peoria Chiefs over the Quad Cities River Bandits, the Chiefs clinched the Western Division second half wild card and officially eliminated the Snappers from contention.
Shortly after the Snappers tied the game 3-3, Demi Orimoloye jolted a leadoff double in the sixth and moved up to third on a sacrifice bunt. Ronnie Gideon brought in Orimoloye with the go-ahead and eventual game-winning RBI single to center field against Beloit reliever Mitchell Jordan for the only earned run of the game scored by Wisconsin.
Snappers starter Kyle Twomey did not allow an earned run in his final start of the 2017 season. Wisconsin scored their first three runs not to Twomey's credit due to a first inning error by Miguel Mercedes with one out and a passed ball by his catcher Jason Goldstein in the second inning. Twomey completed his season with a no-decision after five innings, five strikeouts, and no walks allowed. Twomey and Jordan combined for 10 strikeouts
Brewers catcher Jett Bandy joined the Timber Rattlers on a rehab assignment and slugged an RBI double as part of Wisconsin's two-run first while serving as the designated hitter. Andrew Susac caught for the second straight night on Major League rehab and went 2-for-4 and scored in the first on a sacrifice fly by Dallas Carroll. Beloit outfielder Luke Persico slugged his 25th double of the season in the first inning and brought in the first run of the game with his 63rd RBI. Edwin Diaz finished the night 2-for-3 with a walk that led to him scoring the tying run in the fifth inning.
Midwest League Stories from September 1, 2017
- Clinton LumberKings top Kane County Cougars 6-4 - Clinton LumberKings
- Dual Comeback Efforts Fall Short against Lansing - Lake County Captains
- Bees Waste Eight Run Lead in Loss - Burlington Bees
- Timber Rattlers defeated the Beloit Snappers 4-3 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Great Lakes 4, Fort Wayne 2 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Muhammad Muscles TinCaps - Great Lakes Loons
- Extra-Inning Games Continue in Walk-Off Loss - Kane County Cougars
- Snappers Eliminated, Lose 4-3 - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Playoff Tickets on Sale - Peoria Chiefs
- Walk Hard: Bandits Drop Third Straight - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Jacob Drives Lugs to 4th Straight Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Shutout Dragons, Snap Lengthy Losing Streak - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Cool off Dragons - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.