Skyrockets suffer first loss
San Jose, CA. The ABA San Jose Skyrockets (2-1) played a tough game against the Southern California Legends (4-1), but suffered their first loss of the season with a final score of 118-108 at the San Jose Civic Auditorium on Sunday night. The Skyrockets ran hard with every possession and held on neck-and-neck throughout most of the game. The first quarter ended with the Skyrockets leading 25-24 with their powerful run-and-gun offense and tight and impressive defense. However, by halftime, the Legends took a 51-48 lead.
Arthur Stapleton came off the bench to lead the Skyrockets scoring with 20 points and Lamar Castile added 18. Darius Pope had four three's and ended with 17 points. However, the Skyrockets had a hard time guarding Legends' newly acquired Jerry Dupree who finished with a game high 32 points.
The Skyrockets' Coach Kermit Young commented after the game, "We feel this was a sub-par performance. Although we missed 6-8 lay-ups in the first half, we were still tied with eight minutes to go. Hopefull we will improve as a team as a result of the loss."
The next home game for the Skyrockets is on Tuesday, November 29th againsts the Fresno Heatwave at the San Jose Civic Auditorium. For more information, visit www.sjskyrockets.com or www.abalive.com.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
American Basketball Association Stories from November 28, 2005
- The Rapids Find A Home Court at Park School for November 29th Game - Buffalo Silverbacks
- RazorSharks take 5-2 record into 10-day layoff - Rochester RazorSharks
- Indiana maintains top position in playoff power rankings - ABA
- Alley Cats Defense Earns Them Another Win - Indiana AlleyCats
- Krunk loses home opener - Charlotte Krunk
- Navigators remain unbeaten with 110-107 win over Slam - Tacoma Navigators
- Matrix splits weekend games - Montreal Royal
- Skyrockets suffer first loss - Minot Skyrockets
- Xplosion game to benefit Salvation Army - Pittsburgh Xplosion
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.