Skyforce to Host Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Skills Challenge Regional Competition
Sioux Falls, S.D. (April 9, 2009) - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that they will host a 2008-09 Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Skills Challenge, sponsored by SINGULAIR, Regional Competition on Saturday, April 11 at the Sioux Falls Arena. The regional competition champions will have their scores ranked nationally and the top four scorers in each age and gender group will advance to the national finals.
In its second year, the number of Skills Challenge participants has doubled to more than 100,000 children throughout the United States and Canada. The competition's geographical reach has also increased to include 35 NBA and NBA Development League markets. The competition is free for boys and girls, ages 9 to 14. Participants compete in a time-based, half-court obstacle course to demonstrate their fundamental basketball skills and physical fitness. Twenty-four finalists will travel to Orlando, Fla. to compete in the national finals at the RD Sportsplex, practice facility of the Orlando Magic.
SINGULAIR is a prescription medicine approved to help control symptoms of asthma in adults and children 12 months and older and for relief of symptoms of indoor and outdoor allergies (outdoor allergies in adults and children as young as 2 years and indoor allergies in adults and children as young as 6 months).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: SINGULAIR is not a rescue medication. Always carry a prescribed rescue inhaler for emergencies or sudden symptoms. For asthma, SINGULAIR should be taken once a day, in the evening as prescribed whether or not you have asthma symptoms. If your asthma symptoms get worse or you need to increase the use of your rescue inhaler, call your doctor at once.
Side effects are generally mild and vary by age, and may include headache, ear infection, sore throat, and upper respiratory infection. Check with your doctor if you are pregnant or nursing. SINGULAIR should be taken once a day, as prescribed. SINGULAIR is available by prescription only.
NBA G League Stories from April 9, 2009
- Energy take control of central - Iowa Wolves
- Los Angeles Overpowers Reno in Season Finale - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Guard Earns NBA D-League Season's 23rd Gatorade Call-Up - Austin Spurs
- Thunderbirds Guard Will Conroy Receives 2008-09 Jason Collier Sportsmanship Award - G League
- April 10, 2009 Proclaimed Randy Livingston Day In Boise - Idaho Stampede
- Bank Of The Cascades And The Idaho Stampede Help Make A Wish - Idaho Stampede
- Skyforce to Host Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Skills Challenge Regional Competition - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Albuquerque's Mouhamed Sene Signs With New York Knicks - G League
- Rio Grande Valley's Jawad Williams Signs With Cleveland - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Nelson Leads Toros To Close Win Over Vipers 106-105 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.