Sky Announce Pre-Season Schedule
CHICAGO, April 2, 2012 - The Chicago Sky's 2012 WNBA preseason schedule will begin with an exhibition game against the Washington Mystics at New Trier High School on Thursday, May 10, the team announced today. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. at the school located at 385 Winnetka Ave. in Winnetka, Illinois.
The Sky finish their preseason schedule on the road, stopping in New York to face the Liberty on May 14th and visiting Minnesota on May 15th to battle the defending WNBA champion Lynx.
Tickets for the home game at New Trier, which include a post-game autograph session with all the Sky players, are available for purchase and cost only $15. To purchase tickets visit the New Trier Athletics website at www.newtrier.k12.il.us or directly from the New Trier Administration office or call 866-SKY-WNBA or visit the Sky website at www.chicagosky.net
In a very productive offseason by General Manager Pokey Chatman, Chicago re-signed Tamera Young and Shay Murphy, and bolstered the team's lineup with four former WNBA champions: Swin Cash, Le'Coe Willingham, Ruth Riley and Ticha Penicheiro. They will join the group of talented young players already at the Sky led by 2012 WNBA Defensive player of the Year Sylvia Fowles.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 2, 2012
- 2012 WNBA Draft Presented by Boost Mobile to be Conducted at ESPN Studios April 16 - Los Angeles Sparks
- Minnesota Lynx Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale April 16 - Minnesota Lynx
- 2012 WNBA Draft Presented by Boost Mobile to be Conducted at ESPN Studios April 16 - Phoenix Mercury
- 2012 WNBA Draft Presented by Boost Mobile to be Conducted at ESPN Studios - WNBA
- Sky Announce Pre-Season Schedule - Chicago Sky
- Williams and Tulsa Shock Extend Deadline for Women of Inspiration Nominations - Tulsa Shock
- DeMoss Joins Coaching Staff - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.