Shock Re-Sign Black, Holt and Paris
Tulsa, OK - The Tulsa Shock have re-signed Chante Black, Amber Holt and Courtney Paris. Black averaged 3.2 ppg and grabbed 2.7 rebounds per game in 2012. Holt earned 5.8 ppg and grabbed 1.9 rpg. In 2012, Paris had 3.1 rpg and earned 3.2 points per game. Paris finished seventh in the league in field-goal percentage with 54.2 pg.
"Amber Holt is a solid pro that can play multiple positions," Shock Head Coach Gary Kloppenburg said. "Her (Holt) versatility is important to us as we continue to develop our roster. Courtney Paris has tremendous upside as she continues to improve. She has shown that she can rebound and score inside and will have an opportunity in training camp to battle for playing time as we continually work to upgrade our frontline. Chante Black is another center that can potentially make an impact on our team. She will have an opportunity in camp to step up and take her game to the next level." The Shock's home opener will be May 27th at the BOK Center and broadcasted live on ESPN.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from February 6, 2013
- Atlanta Dream Announces 2013 Schedule - Atlanta Dream
- Mystics Release 2013 Schedule - Washington Mystics
- New York Liberty Announce 2013 Regular Season Schedule - New York Liberty
- 2013 Schedule Announced; Champions Honored at May 31 Home Opener - Indiana Fever
- Minnesota Lynx to Open 2013 Season on June 1 vs. Connecticut - Minnesota Lynx
- Chicago Sky Release 2013 Schedule - Chicago Sky
- WNBA Announces 2013 Regular Season Schedule - WNBA
- Connecticut Sun Announce 2013 Schedule - Connecticut Sun
- Shock Re-Sign Black, Holt and Paris - Tulsa Shock
- Wheaton North Sky Girls HS Basketball Team of the Week - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.