Senators Sign Forward Corey Locke to a Two-Year Contract
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - July 7, 2010) - The Ottawa Senators announced today the club has signed forward Corey Locke to a two-year, two-way contract.
Locke, 26, spent the majority of the 2009-10 season with the New York Rangers' American Hockey League affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack. In 76 games with Hartford, Locke scored 31 goals and added 54 assists for 85 points, while recording 44 penalty minutes. He was named to the AHL's second all-star team following the season.
Locke was recalled to the Rangers for three National Hockey League games in 2009-10, when he recorded no points and no penalty minutes. In four career NHL games, including one with the Montreal Canadiens, Locke has been held scoreless.
The 5-9, 189-pound forward has skated in 466 career AHL games in six seasons with the Wolf Pack, Hamilton Bulldogs and Houston Aeros, registering 141 goals and 252 assists for 393 points, along with 295 penalty minutes. Locke has played in the AHL All-Star Classic on four occasions (2006, 2008, 2009 and 2010).
Locke has skated in 46 AHL post-season contests with Hamilton and Houston, collecting 22 goals and 23 assists for 45 points, along with 44 penalty minutes. In 2006-07, he led all playoff scorers with 10 goals while winning the Calder Cup with Hamilton.
Originally drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the fourth round (113th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Locke played three seasons with the Ottawa 67's of the Ontario Hockey League from 2001-02 to 2003-04. During his time with the 67's, he won the Red Tilson Trophy as the OHL's most outstanding player in both 2003 and 2004, while being named the Canadian Hockey League's most outstanding player in 2003. In 186 career OHL games, all with Ottawa, Locke scored 132 goals and added 180 assists for 312 points.
American Hockey League Stories from July 7, 2010
- Jason Lockhart Hired as New Voice of the Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Senators Sign Forward Corey Locke to a Two-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Kyle Greentree and Brian Fahey Sign with Washington/Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Goaltender David Leneveu to One-Year, Two-Way NHL-American Hockey League - Springfield Falcons
- Florida Panthers Re-Sign Jason Garrison to Two-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Florida Panthers Sign D Nathan Paetsch - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Agree to Terms with Rob Niedermayer - Portland Pirates
- Buffalo's Mike Weber Agrees to Qualifying Offer - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Sign Hagel to AHL Contract - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.