Senators Fall in their Home Opener to Reading 4-1
The Harrisburg Senators returned home on Thursday night to open the home portion of their 2012 season and lost to the Reading Phillies 4-1. The Senators have now opened each of their first three series with losses.
Jeff Mandel started for the Sens and went six innings allowing three hits and two runs but taking the loss. Pat McCoy pitched two innings followed by Christian Garcia who pitched the ninth inning. All three pitchers allowed a run.
Harrisburg could only manage five hits in the game with three of the five coming consecutively in the fifth inning to score their lone run. Jeff Kobernus, though, went hitless and had his seven game hitting streak snapped.
Sandy Leon drove in the lone run with a single in the fifth, scoring Destin Hood. The Sens had some tough luck hitting into two double plays on hard hit balls.
Game two of the four game series is Friday night at 7:00pm with LH Danny Rosenbaum on the mound against RH David Buchanan. The game can be heard on 1460am The Ticket, on the Internet through the Senators website, on iHeart radio, and on your iPod or iPad beginning at 6:40pm.
Eastern League Stories from April 12, 2012
- Akron Tops Trenton 6-1 to Start Trip - Trenton Thunder
- SeaWolves Drop Home Opener to Bowie 6-1 - Erie SeaWolves
- Aeros Win Home Opener, 6-1 Over Trenton Thunder - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Pick up Second Straight Win - Bowie Baysox
- Senators Fall in their Home Opener to Reading 4-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- Curve Drop First Road Game of 2012, 7-3 - Altoona Curve
- Stevenson and Squirrels Too Much for Curve on Opening Night, 7-2 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Fisher Cats Welcome Big Crowd But Drop First 2012 Game in NH - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Mets Spoil Sea Dogs Opener - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Bundle Offense Early in 5-1 Win - Binghamton Mets
- SeaWolves Announce PDC Extension with Detroit Tigers - Erie SeaWolves
- Thunder Add INF Mahoney and P Rondon; Place Three on DL - Trenton Thunder
- R-Phils Firstenergy Stadium to Host Touch-A-Truck 2012 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Baysox Try out Basketball - Bowie Baysox
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes Vs. Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves Vs. Bowie Baysox - - Game One of Four - - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.