Segovia Homers But Dragons Even Series
Bowling Green, KY - Alejandro Segovia and Todd Glaesmann both struck solo home runs, but the Dayton Dragons (22-35) held off the Bowling Green Hot Rods (31-26) 5-4 on Sunday afternoon at Bowling Green Ballpark. Eight of nine Hot Rods hitters had base hits, but the Dragons drew eight walks in the victory to even the three-game series at one apiece.
Both homers for Bowling Green occurred when the team was trailing by three runs and brought them back to within two runs. Segovia's fourth home run of the season happened in the fifth inning and made the score 4-2 in favor of the Dragons. Glaesmann's bomb was his seventh of the season and his fifth in the last nine contests.
Jake Hager also contributed with a two-run single in the bottom of the seventh that brought the Hot Rods to within one run. However, after bringing the tying run into scoring position in the final two frames, the Hot Rods were unable to scrape the run across.
In an attempt for another home series win, the Hot Rods bring an end to their six-game homestand on Monday night as the three-game series with the Dragons also comes to a close. Bowling Green will give the pearl to RHP Parker Markel (1-2, 6.00), while Dayton will counter with RHP Radhames Quezada (2-6, 4.30).
Fans can secure seats for the game by contacting the Hot Rods Ticket Office at (270)-901-2121 or by logging on to BGHotRods.com. Tune in to the game on 1340 "The Ticket" and online at 1340wbgn.com. Join Hank Fuerst for the Forever Communications Pregame Show on the Hot Rods Radio Network at 1:45 PM CDT.
Midwest League Stories from June 3, 2012
- Bees' Homers Enough to Edge Bandits, 3-1, Even Series - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels rally late to clip Clinton, 5-4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hawks Comeback Bid Falls Short in Extra-Inning Loss - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Hold on for 5-4 Sunday Win - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings Hand Cedar Rapids Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Segovia Homers But Dragons Even Series - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lugs end skid in wild 9-6, 10-inning win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Fall to Rattlers, 3-1 - Beloit Snappers
- Westlake Superior to Great Lakes - Great Lakes Loons
- Rattlers alone in first after 3-1 win in Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Clip Chiefs in 10 - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Fall 6-5 in 10 Innings Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Captains Drop Anchor in Eighth, Sink TinCaps 7-2 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- "Balk- Off" Win for the Captains - Lake County Captains
- Chris Schaeffer Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bees Lose to Bandits in Ten, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Activate Tuttle from Disabled List - Dayton Dragons
- Walk-off homer downs Kernels in Clinton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.