SeaWolves and Fortis Institute Forge Partnership
(Erie, PA) - The Erie SeaWolves, Double-A Affiliate of the American League Champion Detroit Tigers, are pleased to announce a new partnership with the Fortis Institute in Erie, Pennsylvania. As part of the agreement, Fortis-Erie will host its graduation ceremony at the ballpark on Friday, August 23, 2013.
"The Fortis-Erie Learning Community is proud to be partnering with the Erie SeaWolves in our collective quest to make good things happen," Peter Correa, President of Fortis-Erie said, "In addition to sponsoring the Fireworks Night on 16 August 2013, we are looking forward to hosting our graduation ceremony at such a spectacular outdoor venue as JERRY UHT PARK in downtown Erie on 23 August 2013."
"The SeaWolves are excited to establish a new relationship with the Fortis Institute and showcase one of the many ways area businesses and organizations can use Jerry Uht Park," said SeaWolves President Greg Coleman. "We are honored to host the graduates of Fortis-Erie and their families for a truly memorable event."
The mission of Fortis Institute, Erie PA is to provide students with the practical skills and the responsible behaviors necessary to secure rewarding careers in their specialized fields of study. To accomplish this mission, the Fortis Institute provides students with updated postsecondary technical knowledge and skill level.
The SeaWolves host the Trenton Thunder (New York Yankees) on Saturday, April 20 at 1:35 p.m. It will be Jackie Robinson Day and the SeaWolves will wear throwback Erie Pontiacs uniforms. For ticket information, visit SeaWolves.com or call (814) 456-1300.
Eastern League Stories from April 19, 2013
- 'Wolves Win Fourth Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Baysox Offense Breaks out Once Again - Bowie Baysox
- Aeros Defensive Errors and Bullpen Walks Lead to 13-5 Loss to Bowie - Akron RubberDucks
- Bibens-Dirkx, Homers Lift Fisher Cats 5-2 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Fisher Cats Tame B-Mets Offense, 5-2 - Binghamton Mets
- Erie Quiets Thunder Bats in 6-2 Win - Trenton Thunder
- Powers at the plate and on the mound, Sea Dogs clobber the Rock Cats 12-1 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Curve-Senators Postponed on Friday Night - Altoona Curve
- SeaWolves and Fortis Institute Forge Partnership - Erie SeaWolves
- Senators and Altoona Curve Postponed Friday Night - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels and Fightins Postponed on Friday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- RHP Graham Stoneburner Rejoins Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- B-Mets Game Notes: Binghamton Mets (8-6) at New Hampshire Fisher Cats (7-8) - Binghamton Mets
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 19 vs. New Britain - Portland Sea Dogs
- Bowie Wins Slugfest over Aeros, 13-11 - Akron RubberDucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.