Santa Cruz Warriors Top D-Fenders
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors defeated the Los Angeles D-Fenders 82-74 Friday night, remaining perfect on their home court.
The Santa Cruz Warriors were again led by Cameron Jones, who scored a season-high 22 points and had 3 steals. Lance Goulbourne scored a season-high 15, while Darington Hobson dished out a game-high eight assists. Mickell Gladness blocked a game-high five shots and grabbed eight boards. In his first game as a Santa Cruz Warrior, Hilton Armstrong chipped in seven points and grabbed four rebounds in 14:20 minutes played.
The Los Angeles D-Fenders were paced by Elijah Millsap, who scored 18 points. Courtney Fortson scored 13, while Jarrid Famous had a game-high 12 rebounds.
The D-Fenders jumped out to an early 6-2 lead, but the Warriors went on a 9-0 run and never looked back. The Warriors' largest lead was 20, which came midway through the third quarter. Los Angeles chipped away at the lead and went on a 13-3 run in the fourth quarter to cut it to seven, but the Warriors won by eight.
Santa Cruz outshot Los Angeles from the field (38.2%-35.0%), but the D-Fenders won the rebound battle (52-48). The Warriors held the advantage in the paint (36-20) and fast break points (23-7).
The Santa Cruz Warriors will take on the Erie BayHawks on Sunday at 5:00 p.m. at the Kaiser Permanente Arena. Fans can listen to the broadcast on the Santa Cruz Warriors flagship station, KION 1460AM/101.1FM, watch it on KAXT-1 in the Bay Area or KOTR My11 in the Monterey Bay area, or stream it online through the NBA D-League's YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/nbadleague.
NBA Development League Stories from January 19, 2013
- Tulsa Knocks off Austin, 96-87 - Tulsa 66ers
- Canton Defeats Springfield, 104-93 - Canton Charge
- Red Claws Pick up Weekend Sweep with 110-106 Win over Iowa - Maine Red Claws
- Chris Johnson Signs with Minnesota Timberwolves - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Santa Cruz's Chris Johnson Signs with Minnesota Timberwolves - D-League
- Santa Cruz Warriors Top D-Fenders - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jam Team Effort Tops Mad Ants - Bakersfield Jam
- D-Fenders Topped by Warriors - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Skyforce Outlasts Legends in Overtime - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 66ers Come up Short to Toros - Tulsa 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.