San Jose Earthquakes Waive Gonzalez Emerson, Hustedt; Activate Ballouchy from Disabled List
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that the club has waived forward Alexandre Gonzalez Emerson and midfielder Jacob Hustedt. The Earthquakes also activated midfielder Mehdi Ballouchy from the disabled list.
Ballouchy, 30, has been missing since tearing his left anterior-cruciate ligament in the 51st minute of a 3-3 draw against FC Dallas on Sept. 29, 2012. The former Santa Clara University All-American appeared in six games for the Earthquakes last season after joining the club from the New York Red Bulls on July 30, 2012 in exchange for a 2013 international player slot and a conditional pick in the 2013 MLS Supplemental Draft. He has 13 goals and 24 assists in 180 career MLS appearances.
Gonzalez, 20, trained with the Earthquakes during the 2013 preseason and signed with the club on April 4. He made one appearance in Reserve League play, suiting up for 90 minutes in the Earthquakes' 1-0 loss against Real Salt Lake on March 4.
Hustedt, 23, missed most of his rookie season due to an ankle injury after being selected by the Earthquakes in the second round (No. 25 overall) of the 2012 MLS SuperDraft. He logged 448 minutes in six Reserve League games, but did not make an appearance in MLS play.
Major League Soccer Stories from May 2, 2013
- LA Galaxy Academy Update - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Jose Villarreal Looks to Parlay Successful U-20 Camp into LA Galaxy Starting Role - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Focusing on SKC - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Q&A: MLS Commissioner Don Garber - Columbus Crew SC
- Colin Clark Prepares to Face His Former Club for First Time - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Waive Gonzalez Emerson, Hustedt; Activate Ballouchy from Disabled List - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Goalkeeper Dan Kennedy Extends Contract with the Red-And-White Until 2016 - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Crew to Host MLS Business Summit September 10-12 - Columbus Crew SC
- Goalkeeper Josh Ford Placed on Disabled List - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Forward Jack McInerney Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Add Ghanaian Midfielder Aminu Abdallah - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- San Jose Earthquakes to Host English Premier League's Norwich City at Buck Shaw Stadium on July 20 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers to Play Host to Norwich City FC of England's Premier League - Portland Timbers
- Tickets for Amway Canadian Championship Game on Sale at Noon - Montreal Impact
- 'Caps down Edmonton 5-2 on aggregate, will play Montreal in final - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.