San Francisco Giants to Bring World Series Trophy to Augusta on Tuesday
AUGUSTA, GA. - The Augusta GreenJackets are proud to announce that the San Francisco Giants are bringing the World Series Trophy to Lake Olmstead Stadium on Tuesday, May 14. The GreenJackets will be at home taking on the Rome Braves. The GreenJackets are currently 1.5 games out of first place. It is the second time in three years that the World Series Trophy has made an appearance in Augusta. The Giants also won the World Championship Series in 2010.
Gates open at 6:00 pm and first pitch is set for 7:05 pm. Fans can get their picture taken with the trophy in The Hive (team's merchandise store), starting at 7:30 pm.
The Giants, who began their affiliation with the GreenJackets in 2005, won the 2012 World Series in a four game sweep against the Detroit Tigers.
The 2012 Giants' World Series team had 12 former GreenJackets members including former GreenJackets manager Roberto Kelly and World Series Most Valuable Player Pablo Sandoval. In game 1 of the World Series, Sandoval homered three times in his first three at-bats. Sandoval finished the postseason with 24 hits, six home runs and 13 RBI, while batting .364, en route to being named the 2012 MVP.
On Tuesday, all fans will enjoy two-for-one pricing on fountain soda and drafts.
For tickets call the GreenJackets office at (706) 922-WINS or online at www.greenjacketsbaseball.com .
South Atlantic League Stories from May 10, 2013
- Drive End Losing Skid with 10-6 Victory - Greenville Drive
- RiverDogs Strike Early in 'Dads 8-1 Loss - Hickory Crawdads
- Intimidators Win Second Straight at McCormick Field; 5-2 - Asheville Tourists
- Taylor, Numata Hoist Claws to 10-3 WIn - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Legends Rained Out; Doubleheader Set for Saturday - Lexington Legends
- Power and Legends Postponed - West Virginia Power
- Suns and Shorebirds Game Postponed - Hagerstown Suns
- Shorebirds Game Postponed on Friday in Hagerstown - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Game Notes: Kannapolis Intimidators (White Sox) at Asheville Tourists (Rockies) - May 10, 2013 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- WV Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Reed, Logan Dominate Down the Stretch for Hoppers - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- San Francisco Giants to Bring World Series Trophy to Augusta on Tuesday - Augusta GreenJackets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.