San Francisco Giant Chris Ray Scheduled to Rehab in San Jose on Wednesday
SAN JOSE, CALIF- The San Francisco Giants have announced pitcher Chris Ray is scheduled to play for the San Jose Giants on Wednesday, September 1st at Municipal Stadium as part of a rehabilitation assignment. Ray, 28, is recovering from a right intercostal strain and was placed in the 15-day disabled list retroactive to August 18th.
Ray was acquired along with a Michael Main from the Texas Rangers on June 30th for Bengie Molina. In 55 games split between Texas and San Francisco, the right-hander is 5-0 with a 4.05 ERA. Through 46.2 innings of work, Ray has allowed just 41 hits while striking out 26.
Ray made his MLB debut in June of 2005 with the Baltimore Orioles. In his five-year career, Ray is 15-17 with a 4.10 ERA in 246 games with the Orioles, Rangers and Giants.
Wednesday is also another Merchant Night at Municipal Stadium. First pitch is slated for 7:00 PM and gates open at 5:30 PM. For tickets, visit the Municipal Stadium Box Office, www.sjgiants.com, or call (408) 297-1435 ext. 15.
California League Stories from August 31, 2010
- Grand Slam Dooms Mavs - High Desert Mavericks
- San Francisco Giant Chris Ray Scheduled to Rehab in San Jose on Wednesday - San Jose Giants
- Inland Empire 66ers at San Jose Giants, August 31-September 2 - San Jose Giants
- Friday Night's Comcast Hometown Network Airing Cancelled - San Jose Giants
- Rawhide Host Hall of Famer Doug Harvey Tomorrow - Visalia Rawhide
- Quakes Home Tonight Vs Mavs in Key Series - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Ports Explode in Eighth to Rally Past Giants - San Jose Giants
- Six-Run Eighth Inning Gives Ports 9-5 Win - Stockton Ports
- Mavs Rally in Home Finale - High Desert Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.