Ryan Mount Placed on Disabled List
North Little Rock, Ark-Ryan Mount was placed on the disabled list with a strained hip flexor after Saturday night's game on May 8 against the Springfield Cardinals. Ivan Contreras was called up from the Cedar Rapids Kernels to replace Mount.
Mount played two innings on Saturday May 8, against the Springfield Cardinals before coming out with pains in his hip flexor. In the two innings Mount played he got one at bat where he flew out to second base. Mount has played 24 games this season for the Arkansas Travelers, hitting .247 with two doubles, three homeruns, and 14 runs batted in.
Replacing Mount while he is out will be infielder Ivan Contreras. Contreras played with the Travelers during the 2009 season and hit .261 with four doubles and nine runs batted in. Contreras has a career batting average of .263, and so far this season Contreras has appeared in 14 games while hitting .244 with three doubles and three runs batted in.
The Arkansas Travelers are 12-15 this season after winning their last two games against the Springfield Cardinals and the Tulsa Drillers. They hope to continue their winning streak by defeating the Cardinals on May 9-11, before hosting the Drillers at home on May 13.
Texas League Stories from May 9, 2010
- Closers Can't Close; Hooks Prevail - Corpus Christi Hooks
- 'Riders Roll to Seventh Straight Win - Frisco RoughRiders
- Travs Pulled Over By Kopp In 3-2 Loss - Arkansas Travelers
- Naturals Shut Out by Drillers - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Billings & Drillers Blank Naturals 9-0 - Tulsa Drillers
- Cards Beat Travs 3-2 - Springfield Cardinals
- Ryan Mount Placed on Disabled List - Arkansas Travelers
- Missions Wynn Over Hooks - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.