Ryan Goins Promoted
LANSING, Mich. - The Lansing Lugnuts, in conjunction with the Toronto Blue Jays, announced Thursday that shortstop Ryan Goins has been promoted to Dunedin (A-Advanced, Florida State League) while corner infielder Randy Schwartz has been activated from the 7-day Disabled List in a corresponding move.
The Dunedin infield slot opened up for Goins following the trade of Tyler Pastornicky to the Atlanta Braves on Wednesday. The 22-year-old Texan batted .308 in 77 games with the Lugnuts this season, with a team-leading 91 base hits as well as 19 doubles, three home runs and 35 RBIs. Goins had his team-high 24-game on-base streak end on Sunday against Bowling Green.
The moves brings the Lugnuts' current roster to 25 active players and three players on the DL.
Midwest League Stories from July 15, 2010
- Lugnuts Hold Off Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Plagman, 'Caps Explode For 7-1 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rams' Slam Drowns Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Chhiefs Bullpen Comes Up Big - Peoria Chiefs
- Pitcher's Duel Unravels Late Against Whitecaps - Clinton LumberKings
- Rams Slams Snappers Past Loons - Beloit Snappers
- Hot Rods Motor Past Bees - Burlington Bees
- Bandits Drop Second Straight with 6-1 Loss to Lake County - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Marks Keeps Cougars in Win Column - Kane County Cougars
- Cougars "Steal" Game Two - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Yates Hurls Gem As Hot Rods Beat Burlington - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Top Dragons 3-1 - Dayton Dragons
- Rattlers Stay Hot - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hot Rods Holding Pair of Fundraisers Next Week - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Belfiore Activated to Start Tonight - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Ryan Goins Promoted - Lansing Lugnuts
- Smalley Returns - Kane County Cougars
- LumberKings to Host First-Annual "LumberStock" on July 31 - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Gameday for Thursday, July 15 - Dayton Dragons
- Cowboy Monkey Rodeo Comes to Town This Weekend - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.