Royals Sign Defenseman Tucker Donahoe
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League and the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, today announced that the team has signed defenseman Tucker Donahoe ["DON ah hoe"] to an Amateur Tryout Agreement. In a separate transaction, forward Ethan Cox was loaned to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL.
Donahoe (6'4/206) (22) recently completed his senior season at Middlebury College, where he registered seven points (3g-4a) and thirty-three penalty minutes in twenty seven games for the Panthers who advanced to the New England Small College Athletic Conference finals before being defeated by Amherst. Donahoe, who served as an alternate captain for the Panthers in his senior season, recorded thirty-nine points (16g-23a) and 100 penalty minutes in ninety-three total games for Middlebury. This is the first trip of the season to the AHL for Cox, who was acquired by the Royals in a trade with the Alaska Aces last Thursday. He has played two games for Reading and recorded two penalty minutes. In fifty-three games with the Aces, he had twenty-eight points (13g-15a) and fifty-three penalty minutes.
The Royals return to action on Friday (March 16, 2012 @ 7:35 pm) when the team travels to WesBanco Arena in Wheeling, West Virginia, to face the Wheeling Nailers. Friday's game night broadcast will start at 7:05 pm with the Red Robin Gourmet Burger Pre-Game Warm-up Show on ESPN Radio 1240 am in Reading. Streaming audio is available free of charge courtesy of America One through the Royals' website, www.royalshockey.com. As with all Royals road games this season, Friday's game will be televised locally in Berks County on BCTV courtesy of Boscov's Travel and the Royal Caribbean Cruise lines.
ECHL Stories from March 15, 2012
- It's Reigning Cats and Dogs in Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Titans Bridging the Gap with Season-Ticket Holders - Trenton Titans
- Colorado Eagles Announce "Pot of Gold" Community Fundraiser - Colorado Eagles
- Wranglers Unveil St. Baldrick's Specialty Jersey - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - March 15 - ECHL
- Aces Sign Forward Tim Hall to ATO - Alaska Aces
- Jackals Sign Tamblyn to ATO - Elmira Jackals
- Royals Sign Defenseman Tucker Donahoe - Reading Royals
- Edmonton Recalls RW Cameron Abney from Thunder to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder clinches playoff berth with help of Utah win - Stockton Thunder
- Utah Edges the Condors, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.