Round Rock hands Isotopes four straight losses
ROUND ROCK - Looking to pull out the brooms for its first series sweep at home, Round Rock instead dropped the hammers Thursday.
The Express piled on 15 hits, including seven in a wild, eight-run first inning, before handing Albuquerque a 13-5 loss at The Dell Diamond. Round Rock reached base 21 times Thursday and has now won four consecutive games with four remaining in the season.
The Express opens up a four-game set with New Orleans on Friday at 7:05 p.m.
Five Round Rock batters had multiple hits, including Barry Wesson, who sandwiched a double between two singles. Brooks Conrad scored two and drove in two while picking up his 35th double, and Philip Barzilla allowed three runs on eight hits, three walks and two strikeouts over five innings for the win.
Round Rock poured on eight runs against Beaumont-native Kenny Baugh in the first, the largest single-inning scoring outburst for the Express this year.
Round Rock pounded out seven singles, including a two-run punch to right-centerfield from Barzilla. Twelve batters went to the plate against Baugh, who gave up five more runs on three hits and three walks as Round Rock built up a 13-0 lead in the bottom of the third.
Albuquerque went through five more relievers, but never got closer than eight runs as Josh Miller and Brian Gordon combined to close out the win.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 30, 2007
- Sidewinders Take Three of Four From Beavers with 6-4 Win - Tucson Sidewinders
- Portland Drops Series Finale 6-4 - Portland Beavers
- 'Birds cruise by Cubs - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock hands Isotopes four straight losses - Round Rock Express
- Z's sweep Oklahoma - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Defeat Royals In Home Finale, 6-2 - Nashville Sounds
- 51s Announce 2007 Season Awards On Final Home Game - Las Vegas 51s
- Local Charities Are Big Winners In '07 Season - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Oklahoma RedHawks game notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Zephyrs Playoff Tickets Currently On Sale - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Portland hosts Fresno in the final series of the season - Portland Beavers
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Iowa's Soto named PCL Most Valuable Player - PCL
- Shirt-Off-The-Back Night to Benefit Special Olympics - Round Rock Express
- With "Magic Number" at ONE, River Cats can clinch Playoff Berth at Raley Field Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- Your last chance to see the Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sidewinders Fall to Beavers in 10, 9-7 - Tucson Sidewinders
- Beavers Pull Off 8-7 Win Over Tucson In Extra Innings - Portland Beavers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.