Roughnecks Select Joe Resetarits in First Round
Calgary, AB - The Calgary Roughnecks drafted seven players today in the 2012 NLL Entry draft. Calgary traded their sixth round, 49th overall pick to the Minnesota Swarm in exchange for a sixth round pick in the 2013 NLL Entry Draft. The Roughnecks selected 6'0", 190 lb. offensive player Joe Resetarits in the first round, 6th overall. Resetarits, an American from Hamburg, New York played for the Brampton Excelsiors for the past two summers, including winning the Mann Cup in 2011. This year Resetartits led the team in goals and recorded 28 points over 12 games (18g, 10a).
"Joe is going to be a seamless transition to our offense, he plays very well without the ball and is a threat when he gets it," said head coach, Curt Malawsky. "We expect big things from him, his athleticism and shot on the run, as well as his ability to catch and release in traffic is going to be huge for us. He is going to be a guy who will step-in NLL ready and will be a very good addition."
Resetarits states, "The whole draft experience was just unbelievable. Playing lacrosse and watching the NLL my entire life, makes the accomplishment of going in the first round something that I'll never forget."
The Roughnecks selected Matthew Dinsdale from the Coquitlam Adanacs (Junior A) in the first round, 7th overall. The 6'0", 185 lb., offensive/transition player led the BC Junior A Lacrosse League (BCJALL) in scoring with 95 points (38g, 57a), and a shooting percentage of 32.5%. In 2010, under Malawsky's coaching, Dinsdale won a Minto Cup with the Adanacs.
"Matt is a versatile player. He can play anywhere on the floor. He takes draws. He was a top scorer in junior," said Calgary Roughnecks General Manager Mike Board. "He is a smart player with a good lacrosse IQ and vision on the floor."
"I was just excited to hear my name called for that team. It's a great organization, a first-class coaching staff, great team and I'm excited to get started with them," explains Dinsdale on being drafted to the Roughnecks.
Calgary Roughnecks 2012 NLL Entry Draft Selections
Rnd O/A Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown Team
1 6 Joe Resetarits O 6'0" 190 Hamburg, NY Brampton Excelsiors (MSL)
1 7 Matthew Dinsdale O/T 6'0" 185 Coquitlam, BC Coquitlam Adanacs (BCJALL)
2 17 Jackson Decker O 6'0" 178 Port Moody, BC Burnaby Lakers (WLA)
4 36 Chad Cummings T 6'4" 170 Caledon, ON Brampton Excelsiors (OLA)
5 45 Kyle Dexter T 6'5" 205 Victoria, BC Okotoks Raiders (RMLL)
6 49 *Traded to Minnesota 6 50 Curtis Pridham T 6'0" 180 Calgary, AB Calgary Mountaineers (RMLL)
6 54 Myles Dennett T 5'9" 170 Calgary, AB Calgary Mountaineers (RMLL)
* Calgary traded their sixth round, 49th overall pick to the Minnesota Swarm in exchange for Minnesota's sixth round pick in the 2013 NLL Entry Draft. For a complete list of the 2012 NLL Entry Draft selections please visit www.nll.com.
National Lacrosse League Stories from October 1, 2012
- Roughnecks Select Joe Resetarits in First Round - Calgary Roughnecks
- Minnesota Swarm Select Sorensen, Matisz and Jackson with Top Picks - Minnesota Swarm
- Mammoth Selects Colton Clark Ninth Overall - Colorado Mammoth
- Bandits Select Seven Players in 2012 NLL Draft - Buffalo Bandits
- Defending Champion Knighthawks Go with Defense/Transition - Rochester Knighthawks
- Rock Select Seven in NLL Draft - Toronto Rock
- Philadelphia Wings Add Three Defenders to Roster in NLL Entry Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- Mark Matthews Selected First - Edmonton Rush
- Roughnecks Ready for 2012 NLL Entry Draft - Calgary Roughnecks
- Swarm Holds Four 1st-Round Picks Tonight - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Have Five Picks in Tonight's Draft - Rochester Knighthawks
- 2012 NLL Entry Draft Is Tonight at 7pm in Toronto - Toronto Rock
- 2012 NLL Draft Today Live at 5:00 p.m. MST - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.