Roughnecks Acquire Veteran Midfielder Ivan Mirkovic
The Tulsa Roughnecks FC roster continued to take form as it was announced that midfielder Ivan Mirkovic has been acquired from Saint Louis FC. The veteran Mirkovic has played four seasons in USL, including last season with Saint Louis. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. "Ivan is a very experienced midfielder who has great leadership qualities," said TRFC Head Coach David Vaudreuil.
"In addition to being a strong defensive player, he will also serve as one of the focal points of our counter attack," added Vaudreuil. Before spending last season with STLFC, the 30-year-old played two seasons with Sacramento Republic FC in 2014 and 2015 and played with Orange County during the 2016 USL campaign. Mirkovic also played four years collegiately, two years at Oxnard College and two years at Fresno Pacific University. While playing at Fresno Pacific, he was the NCCAA Tournament Defensive MVP, was named to the NCCAA All-West Region team, and helped Fresno Pacific reach the NCCAA National Championship. While in college, Mirkovic also appeared in 20 matches with the Ventura County Fusion of the Premier Development League.
About Tulsa Roughnecks F.C. Playing its home matches at beautiful ONEOK Field in downtown Tulsa, the Tulsa Roughnecks F.C. are the affiliate club for the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer (MLS). Since its inception prior to the 2015 season, the club has competed in the professional United Soccer Leagues (USL).
The 2017 season marked the Roughnecks most successful season yet as the team set a franchise record for most points in earning their first-ever playoff spot in the USL's Western Conference.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Republic FC Hosts "Meet the Newbies" Event for New Players and Fans - Sacramento Republic FC
- Louisville City FC Finalizes Transfer of Mark-Anthony Kaye - Louisville City FC
- Additional Soccer Matches Added to Capelli Sport Stadium 2018 Schedule - Rochester Rhinos
- FC Cincinnati Acquires Blake Smith - FC Cincinnati
- Energy FC Training Camp Opens February 5 - OKC Energy FC
- Roughnecks Acquire Veteran Midfielder Ivan Mirkovic - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FCC Adds Third Game at IMG against Chicago Fire Reserves - FC Cincinnati
- Preseason: Week 1 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.